Tuesday, 7 July 2015

A round up

I think I'm sort of very nearly up to date commenting on your blog's - I think!

Anyway where was I last week, well I was worrying of course! Rob had an interview for a job he really really wanted & it related to his degree. I was sick with nerves all week. Honestly I couldn't eat or sleep properly - Mike was laughing at me even Rob was to be honest!

I cope better if I can have some control in a situation, chuck whatever you like at me, if I can manipulate the situation in anyway at all to be in control I'd be fine. However I couldn't control Rob & his interview. I was twitching all week, I had to zip my mouth up to keep it shut! That's when you know your kids are adults & you have no say any more.

Rob got the job (smiling proudly) he graduates on the 16th & starts his new job on the 20th, time certainly does fly. I found a video tape at my mums at the weekend. It has Robs childish scrawl on & I took it home for him, I cooed as I handed it to him 'Remember this' 'Er no' he replied chucking in a corner of his room & shaking his head sadly at me!



The cherry season is now over here - the last batch disappeared from the tree courtesy of a 13 year old boy & his friends armed with step ladders to hoover the cherries up! Honestly, even the blackbirds didn't have a chance!!

I'm hoping to harvest the first of the potatoes this weekend & some broad beans too, they should make for a nice Sunday lunch. I have a couple of cucumbers ready & oodles of lettuce so salad will be a major feature somewhere.

My wine money box is fattening up nicely, still no alcoholic beverages bought here, though I am drinking a nasty sparkling fruit drink which has the texture of syrup. Come back gin, all is forgiven!

The house is nearly fully cleaned ahem first time in months I think. The garden could do with a other weed & I have a plumbed in washing machine & kitchen floor which is three quarter tiled. Things are looking up!

Enjoy your days x

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Rob, on the graduation and the new job, that's brilliant news. I'm exactly the same when I can't control the outcome of things, I get so anxious. A lot of anxious moments ahead I think! Apple juice and fizzy water is a lovely summer drink, or elderflower cordial and fizzy water. I hope the rest of the week goes well, it sounds as though things are progressing nicely in the kitchen. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Rob, a great achievement in this day and age to get a job after graduating, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Rob! We've started eating our potatoes. They're small still but delicious just scrubbed and boiled in their skins. With butter, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Rob, what an achievement - it's a tough world at the moment! I think I should try this wine box... My favourite non alcoholic drink is apple juice and fizzy water, I picked it up in Germany :) I hope the garden produce is forthcoming x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Rob, real life starts now! It's tough being a parent when they no longer need you to fuss over them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Rob. Enjoy your potatoes. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, congratulations to your boy. It ain't easy securing that first step on the employment ladder. I'm very envious of your fruit and veg growing. For the first time ever, I managed to grow tomato plants from actual seeds which so far have yielded fruits (about 4 in total!) the size of pimples. Hopefully they'll continue to grow but we're a bit short of green fingers here so I'm not holding my breath. A favourite non alcoholic drink of mine in the summer is Fentiman's rose lemonade. Refreshing and also very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hearty congratulations to Rob! I'm impressed that you've managed to grow cucumbers, and envious as home grown are so much nicer. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There seems to be a little light flicker away at the end of your tunnel now with all the DIY. You can't keep on top of domesticity when you're living in a building site. Well that's my excuse. Well done Rob on getting his job and graduating very proud mum and dad no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You must be so proud of your son, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must be so proud of your son.......wonderful news for you all.

    I love cherries, definitely my favourite fruit.
    I am fortunate to be surrounded by cherry farms, so I buy as many as I can. I love seasonal fruit.

    Perhaps you could come and clean my house.......at this time of year I cannot bring myself in from the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so happy to hear about your son's success! If a mother can't worry, who will? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to your boy! I bet you breathed a huge sigh of relief x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations to Rob. Makes all that work worth while!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations to your son, you can breathe easy now. Nearly there on the DIY front too so lots to celebrate. I picked our first gooseberries today, there is something very special about popping outside to bring in some treasure. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to your son! we can't help but worry and be anxious it's in our job description. I have 3 cherry tree's and not one single cherry but I have a huge crop of blackcurrants which I'm hoping to make into a cordial. Enjoy your potatoes and beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to Rob on his graduation and his first job. We're due to pick our cherries in about two weeks. We rent our tree - the farmer does all the work and we just pick and eat, it's wonderfully stress-free! Sounds like there is light at the end of the kitchen tunnel. Have a good weekend.
    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.