Friday, 17 July 2015

In the blink of an eye

I can't find any baby photos, I can't get to the place where they are stored & Rob has removed all the framed ones on show in case I post something on facebook & I have some on display at his graduation party.

Oh my these last 21 years have absolutely flown by, from a tiny baby with hands the size of shovels he has grown up into a truly delightful young man.

He has had a truly wonderful time at uni & has taken every opportunity to progress, there is a favourite photo of mine from his facebook page where he is on the beach with his friends playing volleyball. cricket, having bbq's etc. & just hanging out. His uni was just by the sea & it was just delightful to see, also what you want to see when you send your 18 year old off away from home as you want to see them happy & content.

Yesterday was a dream it was an absolute pleasure to be part of it with him Mike & I were both beyond proud yesterday. The whole ceremony was in Welsh which I thought was a wonderful touch, my little Welsh boy was made up.








With great delight we found we were seated directly above Rob & his class I'm not sure Rob was as delighted when one of his class mates looked up & saw a mad old lady waving, she tapped him on the shoulder & the poor boy looked up with a slight look of horror!

It truly was a wonderful day helped by some extremely alcoholic Pimms, don't think there was too much lemonade in the jug!

Onwards & upwards now my boy! He also starts his new job on Monday & you really can't get much better than that after you graduate.

I will try & catch up with you all this afternoon, if not it will be over the weekend, in all honesty it will be a combination of both. We are taking my mum shopping this morning & I will be opening my new sewing machine at some point. I hope you have all had a splendid week.

P.S Countryside Tales I was snorting with laughter as I walked behind Rob yesterday just after he robed up, we were on our way to the front. I thought he looked like a rather magnificent moth!

Another P.S For whatever reason a UK swapper has had to pull out of this years swap, it's a six month commitment of five home made gifts & a sack, stocking or bag hence the need to start in the middle of the year. Cheryll the host is looking for another swapper details here should anyone like to take part Santa Sack Swap. It really is a fun swap to take part in xx

29 comments:

  1. Looks like a proud mummy moment. My son is just starting to look at universities - exciting times ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you all and especially Rob. A day to be so proud and emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many congratulations to Rob and best wishes to him for the new job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many congratulations to your son. What a proud day for you all. It must be so great to feel 'a job well done'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congratulations to Rob. Your heart must be swelling with pride. A new job too, fantastic, I wish him all the very best in the years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was today so my reply to your comment on my blog will make no sense whatsoever!

    So glad it went well. I am grinning at the though of an over-sized moth! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you and your husband for raising a wonderful son. And congrats to Rob for his accomplishments.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Rob, you must be so proud of him and rightly so. Enjoy the weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope everyone enjoyed the proud moment, a lot of hard work went into the results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is such a great Mummy moment, seriously congratulations to you your son and to get a job straightaway is no mean feat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done that young man! And walking into a job the next week is a rare achievement too... Hope he's as happy in the job as he was at Uni.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to you all. Time does fly - I am forever wondering how I got to this point in my life so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Rob, the world is his oyster. And it's wonderful that he has the job he wanted all lined up for Monday. A whole new adventure. My eldest left primary school today. An emotional moment! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done to your son. Doesn't time fly? You no sooner return, tearfully, from dropping them off at their first day at school than they seem to have grown and flown!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gift to see him grow and become the young man he is now! It seems so impossible that they will grow like that to me but I know it is right around the corner. Best wishes to him in his new stage of life! Good job mama! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jo, what a wonderful day for you all, you must be so so proud of your little boy!
    How amazing that the ceremony was in Welsh,do they always do that? And did the uni provide the Pimms? Seriously cool if so!
    Sue X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done, that boy! And yes, tempus certainly does fugit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations to Rob on his graduation and his new job!! Congrats to you too for having bought up such a great son!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. How exciting, congratulations to Rob and to you for raising a fine young man xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations on your son's big day. It's such a proud moment when they graduate isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to your son, it's a great feeling when they go up onto that stage, I hope he loves his new job. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jo, well done to your boy for graduating and landing a job, no mean feat these days. And double well done to you and his Dad, you have obviously been great parents, you can now breathe a sigh of relief! Hope you are having a good weekend,
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful moments beautifully captured, glad you had this special time to enjoy with your son, he has done so well. Congratulations. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  24. You must be very proud, a day to remember. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  25. How exiting, what a lovely proud moment for you both :) congratulations <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aaah, that's brilliant! Well done to your son, he's definitely on the right track with a new job lined up as well. I love that the ceremony was in Welsh, that's so cool. I've got this still to come, a few more years to go though! Have a great week, Jo. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow ... congratulations to your son. What a wonderful day it must have been for you all, and he's got a new job already, fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations, I can just imagine how proud you both are, he has done so well,our son is just starting his journey.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so behind with everyone this summer that I keep missing all their news. Anyway, a little belatedly, the hugest congratulations to Rob, on graduating and his new job.

    Given my youngest's insistence that he's not now going back to uni, having dropped out at the end of his second year (aged 18, he started uni at 16, against my better judgement ... long story) I think all the graduation days are behind us here, unless one of the older ones decides to pursue a PhD. A couple we've been to were in Welsh and English and took forever and I'm thinking how muh better to take the bull by the horns and do the whole thing in Welsh. I wouldn't have had a clue what was going on but it would have seemed right and wouldn't have taken all day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.