Monday, 13 July 2015

Making time for me

I find it hard to dedicate time to me, working full time in a stressful job, kids, husband, housework you know real life - I always have something else going on. The garden takes up a fair bit of time too not that I'm complaining it's my main hobby after all!

Now I have finally sorted my late fathers estate & no longer have the headache of the previous three years before his death to contend with I do have more guilt free time.

I've made a start on this, yes the kitchen floor did go unmopped & I forgot to defrost something for dinner but I made a start -
It's from this book - Welcome to the North Pole which I've had for a couple of years but haven't found the time to make it.

There are a selection of blocks to make & they are then joined together to make a quilt, it's my home-made Christmas present to me so I had to make a start now didn't I!

I'm off to my mothers shortly to finish off stripping the walls as we are decorating there. It's pushed the kitchen back by a couple of weeks but it's worth it just to see the excitement on her face.

We have a busier week this time round, Rob is graduating on Thursday, we are taking my mum out for the day on Friday, Rob has booked himself a graduating party on the Saturday & thoughtfully volunteered me to make the buffet & Saturday day & Sunday will see us wallpapering & painting at my mums.

I'm almost looking forward to going to work for a rest, except I've got a mound of application forms for a vacancy I advertised internally to go through. Think I've opened a can of worms with that idea. Still haven't bought any alcohol though!! Enjoy your week all, I hope to take some flowery photos for another post if it stops raining x

18 comments:

  1. The quilt looks gorgeous and should be great fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is so busy isn't it? Glad you're doing something for you. Not always easy, but definitely important xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel exhausted reading your posts.....remember the days, oh the joy, of getting older :)

    The quilt looks beautiful.....wonderful gift to give yourself.

    Well done with the alcohol.......I would miss my glass of wine with my evening meal but have respect for those that give up, for whatever reason. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be a stunning quilt glad to hear you are making time for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely project, I made a Christmas quilt 2 years ago and may have to make another this year now. I am not good at following a pattern though, I just have to tweak and fiddle. I can not help myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas quilt will be beautiful, what a lovely gift to yourself. You will need time for you after sorting out an Estate, we are currently doing my Mil's and there is just so much to do. Have a good (busy) week and enjoy the graduation. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all do need some me time occasionally, to save getting burnt out and possibly becoming resentful. The quilt will be a lovely thing to do for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is going to be fabulous, I love the idea of making yourself a gift for Christmas. It sounds very busy with you at the moment, enjoy your day on Thursday and don't forget the tissues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Actually, I really want to make a quilt to cover my work chair

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful quilt, a great Christmas treat to yourself. Have a great time at the Graduation, a busy week planned it never stops.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A busy post about a busy life. Just make sure that you do find some time to relax, be it gardening or quilting.
    Thanks, and you too. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you get a good candidate for the vacancy. It's always a bit if a shot in the dark but being internal may just help a little or do you have to disregard knowledge gained from elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice start, and very different, try and make more time for yourself, I know home and mothers do take up alot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful christmas present it looks beautiful :) I hope things get less busy and you get some space for important you time soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. In your "real world" are you a Project Manager? Certainly sounds as if you should be...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Mark but at times Ii feel I should be!

      Delete
  16. Sounds like you're very busy indeed - I'm sure your mum will love her newly-decorated room. You're really thinking ahead, planning for Christmas! Hope you enjoy making the quilt and find a bit of winding-down time :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodness me, aren't you busy! All lovely positive family stuff.
    I'm glad you've found me time for yourself, the quilt looks gorgeous. Remember to look surprised when you open it at Christmas!
    Sue X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.