Monday, 17 August 2015

Joy of Joys

After an extremely crappy week where a complete system breakdown in work, Mike working away for most of the week & complete over tiredness which meant I wasn't my usual 'I can deal with everything self.' Especially when I received a few calls over why Mike was meeting a girl in a pub by himself.


 Dealing with people who should know better & shouldn't be meddling with their own poisonous thoughts in other peoples relationships - it has proved to be a most trying week!

Incidentally Mike met up with a girl he knew from work who is less than half his age, there was also a group of colleagues meeting for a drink, the girl was looking for him to save him walking, he was there less than 40 minutes, had two orange juices & returned by himself with a bag of chips! I'm sure you can imaging the poisonous meddling's from others who were not privy to such information & saw fit to cast aspersions when I was not in a fit mental state to deal with them.




The weekend proved to be much better after a full night sleep on Friday. Mike & I went out for a meal on Saturday evening, you can imagine what the gossip mongers thought of that! It was one of those funny laugh out evenings that we hadn't had for ages I was in my element people watching. The couple that were seated be side us - oh my they were awful. Mike kicked me under the table to stop me from telling the man off about his behaviour, gosh he was so obnoxious & a complete & utter idiot. I had tears running down my self when he made a big show over complaining about the potato wedges his girlfriend had ordered. They were sweet potato wedges & they were making a big show about them not being crispy & many many other things. I was snorting into my drinks all night.


We spent the afternoon at my mums finishing off the decorating & removing carpets as she is having new ones fitted tomorrow. She phoned up last night at 9pm saying she couldn't shut the conservatory doors & could we help. Off we went & joy of joys a bat flew right past us I was in my element, one flew towards me too quite possibly to investigate the silent squeaks of excitement coming from my mouth. It was completely magical & I'm off out tonight at the same time to see if I can spy some more.

Also this week has got off to a splendid start I've won a giveaway :) The lovely Pam was giving away two bags of crafty goodies & I was one of the lucky winners! Unfortunately for Pam she has been called away this week on nursing duties so do send kind thoughts & prayers xx

Take care all I forgot to download my latest photos not that you're missing much with my lack of abilities so I have put in some of Rocky hound

17 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that it was such a trying week. The work systems thing we all have to bear with sometimes, but the meddling, well that is just totally uncalled for isn't it. How very sad that someone doesn't have enough to occupy their own life that they have to stick their nose into someone elses!! Glad that you had a good meal out, I think that the horrible man was heaven sent to give you something to laugh about after your week! Not sure what the poor person he was with thought though!! Not so heaven sent for sure I imagine!! I hope that this week will be much better for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that your difficult week is over. I always feel completely defeated when I'm overtired, it's a horrible feeling isn't it. It sounds like you had a good and entertaining meal out. I hope this week is a good one for you to make up for the horrid one. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you had a difficult week. I hope your batteries are feeling recharged and that you can enjoy a bit of sunshine, and perhaps some more bat-spotting :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's wishing you a calmer week with lots of bats. (Encountering much dive bombing by the latter during evening dog walks here.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this weeks pans out better than the last. People are so busy meddling in other peoples lives rather than getting on with their own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a trying week for you. I hope this week is better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you have a better week :-) Rocky is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't stand gossips myself. Best just to ignore it, no matter how frustrating. I'm so sorry you've had a tough week but it sounds like it's turning round now. Isn't it funny how those days/ weeks crop up from time to time? Chin and head up, eh? XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that that this week is a much better one for you. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's always someone waiting to meddle in other people's business, they can't have much of a life themselves. We had a similar experience on holiday when a man was complaining about the food he'd been served, he did nothing but moan to the people on the next table and even complained to the waitress that there wasn't enough soup in his bowl. At the end of the meal he called the waitress over and said he was sorry for complaining, the meal was delicious. Why moan all the way through it then? Love the photos of Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some people just get such pleasure from meddling and moaning. I just enjoy life as is! Hope this week is better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would be well miffed if people were meddling with my life, you are right to be cross. I quite fancy attempting to make a crochet shawl but I think I might lack the patience. Have a great week. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you have a wonderful week, Rocky looks like he has fit quite well into your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Work is such a trial these days, no one has any spare capacity so the smallest things becomes big. As for the poison people out there, let them stew, how mean of them, glad you and Mike could laugh over it. enjoy your week on your own, hope you have loads of rest, lovely photo's of you pooch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really does sound like a crappy week, meddling is the worst but at least you had a lot to laugh about and all well that ends well. Here's wishing you a much better week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are hateful people around and then there's you! Lucky Mike - other people obviously think he's still 'got it!' Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gossip is never productive is it? I always think people who gossip have got nothing going on in their own lives so take comfort that your life is a lot nicer than theirs! Glad you had a lovely fun evening out to perk yourself up too! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.