Friday, 4 September 2015
Five on Friday
By the skin of my teeth I'm able to join in with Amy's Five on Friday
Five random photos to brighten up this post , do you like the one of my brother & I? I'm trying to crop him out of it to use as my profile picture!
So I give you five observations -
1. Upon glancing out of the window this morning (a corner of it you understand as I was sat on a sofa) it appeared to be raining, just some rain spots on the window. Slightly peeved as I tend to walk to work & the bedraggled look isn't a good one. I was slightly cheered by the fact my window was slightly dirty inside - slovenly creature that I am!
2. Dragging oneself out of bed at 6am every morning to walk the dog - well five days a week actually as Mike is there to walk him at the weekends! is getting a little harder especially as it is cold & grey. I was again slightly cheered at the sight of blackberries in the same spot I used to pick them as a child. Only now they aren't given to my mum to make pies or eaten on the spot (not all of them) I take them home to make jam. Or I will do when Mike finally finishes my kitchen.
3. The kitchen - I actually have the slate floor laid, units fitted ( base ones only as he hasn't fitted the walled ones) & various pieces of worktop strategically placed as they are in the process of being oiled. It's like completing the slalom when ones wants to make dinner!
4. There is no chance of the worktops being fitted tomorrow as Mike is off to Cardiff to watch the rugby. I will make sure he walks the dog first before I prepare to complete the first slalom of the day.
5. Joy of joys Mike will be out of the house until at least midnight which means the dog & I will be curled up on a sofa I will have some crafty project in my hands, Strictly come dancing on in the background, a G&T with a bowl of salted caramel & clotted cream ice cream. Depending on how work finishes this week the ice cream will be straight out of the tub & the gin bottle will just have a straw in it!!
Take care all xx