Friday, 4 September 2015

Five on Friday

By the skin of my teeth I'm able to join in with Amy's Five on Friday





Five random photos to brighten up this post , do you like the one of my brother & I? I'm trying to crop him out of it to use as my profile picture!

So I give you five observations -

1. Upon glancing out of the window this morning (a corner of it you understand as I was sat on a sofa) it appeared to be raining, just some rain spots on the window. Slightly peeved as I tend to walk to work & the bedraggled look isn't a good one. I was slightly cheered by the fact my window was slightly dirty inside - slovenly creature that I am! 

2. Dragging oneself out of bed at 6am every morning to walk the dog - well five days a week actually as Mike is there to walk him at the weekends! is getting a little harder especially as it is cold & grey. I was again slightly cheered at the sight of blackberries in the same spot I used to pick them as a child. Only now they aren't given to my mum to make pies or eaten on the spot (not all of them) I take them home to make jam. Or I will do when Mike finally finishes my kitchen. 

3. The kitchen - I actually have the slate floor laid, units fitted ( base ones only as he hasn't fitted the walled ones) & various pieces of worktop strategically placed as they are in the process of being oiled. It's like completing the slalom when ones wants to make dinner! 

4. There is no chance of the worktops being fitted tomorrow as Mike is off to Cardiff to watch the rugby. I will make sure he walks the dog first before I prepare to complete the first slalom of the day. 

5. Joy of joys Mike will be out of the house until at least midnight which means the dog & I will be curled up on a sofa I will have some crafty project in my hands, Strictly come dancing on in the background, a G&T with a bowl of salted caramel & clotted cream ice cream. Depending on how work finishes this week the ice cream will be straight out of the tub & the gin bottle will just have a straw in it!!

Take care all xx

33 comments:

  1. Amy's Five on Friday is a fun idea. I haven't heard of it before so have enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting and fun Five On Friday post!
    Luckily you managed to participate.
    Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caramel and clotted cream ice cream! Oh my! Always nice to see a piccy of a bloggy chum :-). I've been catching up on bake off in spare seconds and now looking forward to strictly too. M is not a fan so I have to record it and watch it before he gets back! Enjoy the g&t xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very glamorous! Strictly and ice cream sounds great. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely picture of you and your brother, and always nice to have a photo of yourself if you're like me and usually behind the camera. Your evening sounds utterly blissful, especially that ice-cream. I think I need a bowl of that. Enjoy! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or, ditch the straw and just pour the gin over the ice cream. Add one of those little umbrellas and you've got yourself a party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you deserve the ice cream and G & T. I hope you have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great photo of you and your brother looking glam. The ice cream sounds delicious but not so keen on Strictly...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm that ice cream sounds yummy! Lovely picture of you and your brother

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photo ... love that hat! Crafting, ice cream ... all good things :) Enjoy your weekend!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog is fantastic Jo! Loving your photos, very nice :-) Have a lovely weekend; enjoy the ice cream and gin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like the perfect evening. Can we all come round?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining Five On Friday! Five great things! Fab photo of you and your brother, I hope you can, ahem, dispense with him in the right way so you can have a new profile pic! Hope that the kitchen gets done soon too, but in the meantime your Saturday sounds as though it is going to be pretty good. Note to self, must watch Strictly! I hope that you have a great weekend - whatever you do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely photo of you and your brother. I know how you feel about having some time to yourself. Mick's been on holiday this week and we've been here, there and everywhere. I'm looking forward to him playing cricket tomorrow so that I can catch up with some jobs and have a bit of me time. Just watch, the match will end up rained off, just my luck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This post certainly had me smiling. Have a good weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Strictly, G&T & ice cream sound just perfect for a Saturday night. That's a nice photo of you and your brother. Decent photos of me are all too rare! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. My husband is out for the night too. I am going to get lots done all day long so after I put Little Buddy to bed I have all sorts of time to just knit.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had a day just me and the dogs last week and it was fabulous. Lots of cross stitch and crocheting done that day. I have a 3 day weekend all to my self in October and I am so looking forward to that. Planning lots of me time that weekend with crafting. In reality it could just be me and the remote in order to catch up on all the things I miss when I am at work. Have a lovely weekend Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely picture of you and your brother! Your plans for tomorrow sound great too, enjoy the rest and G&T x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely post....such a great picture of you and your brother! Enjoy the weekend....the ingredients for tomorrow night sound wonderful :)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kitchen remodels are always difficult, but it sounds like you are making the best of it! I am also thinking the gin might be good poured over the ice cream :) Wonderful photo of you with your brother. - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun things. I'm visiting from Five on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, salted caramel ice cream. Now you've got me going.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like you have a pretty great Saturday planned! Great photo by the way and your kitchen sounds like it's going to be lovely - can't wait to see the finished pictures. Enjoy that ice cream. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your five photos are delightful! Love reading your five comments as well. A slate kitchen floor! How wonderful! I know you will be happy when all the work is finished. Your evening sounded so heavenly! And salted caramel clotted cream ice cream....YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm sitting her chuckling! I'm watching Strictly right now and can visualise you with the Gin bottle and straw! So funny xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, the joys of fitting a new kitchen, I remember it well. Salted caramel ice cream sounds like a super treat:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice photo, I'm with you on the dog walking as my hubby has been away so its down to me. I struggle with rainy days. Love the sound of your night in on the sofa, definitely my kind of thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the photo of you and your brother!

    You've definitely made me hungry talking about blackberry jam, and salted caramel ice cream. Delish!!

    HOpe kitchen completion comes soon for you. And you certainly sound like you have a wonderful weekend planned ahead. Enjoy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved those pictures. I hope you can crop that one of you to use because it's so darn cute of you.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely photo of you and your brother. I like the sound of salted caramel ice cream. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Number five sounds brilliant. Yes please. x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I absolutely do love that picture of you with your brother. Yep, the ice cream sounds just right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.