Friday, 11 September 2015

Trying to catch up & an intro

Hello my dears, I'm dreadfully behind I feel like a failure at times. Not in a  big way at all, just a gentle ponder about it at times - a fleeting thought if you will! I always seem to be playing catch up & playing it badly. The kitchen is at the heart of it, such a long long task but I now have a sink & taps. I shall take a photo soon once I find the camera, lord knows where that's gone. I think it may have left home.

Anyhoo I have taken today off work as I need to sort out the kitchen as Mike was fitting the sink yesterday & plumbing in the washing machine & the new fridge freezer was delivered so everything is upside down & all over the place & I need to get it sorted. Instead I'm here blogging & catching up with commenting!
The cabbages are coming along beautifully, we have even picked a couple. 


The fridge freezer is a delight, it is one of those American style ones I was forcibly removed from the Smeg display by Mike who also tutted loudly at me after I told the sales assistant who was extolling the virtues of the water dispenser that I would be filling mine with gin! I haven't yet but I am tempted.

It's always a delight to gather new followers & I always pop over if I notice I have some so I would like to introduce you all to the lovely Emma from 2Tort's  Emma & her husband also have a delightfully cute little Jack Russell called Barry & two tortoises but Barry really is super cute.

Also in the news this week Mike caught me an Elephant Hawk moth caterpillar, makes him sound like a hunter in reality he scooped it up in a bucket & called me. I was delighted although slightly disappointed that I have yet to see the actual moth but there is more hope now.


A funny story to leave you with, my managing director spotted me pondering hard at my computer screen this week as he walked passed my office.  I leave the door open as you hear loads of gossip! He was eager to know if I had caught anyone fiddling as I had my serious face on. I couldn't really tell him I was pondering over the best shade of spotted cerise fabric to back my patchwork quilt with could I!

Take care my dears I hope to have caught up with you all soon & have some tales from the garden too xx

27 comments:

  1. It sounds like you're at the final stages with your kitchen refit, just think, you'll have a beautiful new kitchen all ready for Christmas. Those Elephant Hawk Moth caterpillars are huge things, aren't they? Funny looking things. I haven't seen the actual moth either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look up Elephant Hawk Moth. They are huge and unusual looking! There is nothing like a day off work to catch up at home. I love the story funny office story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen a hawk moth caterpillar in ages. Can't wait to see the photo's of your kitchen once finished. It's been a long slog for you hasn't it but hopefully worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds wonderful! A fridge that dispenses gin! Genius! you should patent it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding the perfect fabric to back a quilt is very serious business, don't want to fall at the last hurdle! I'm glad things are progressing well with the kitchen. Won't be long now! I'm failing at things drastically at the moment, so I'm sitting here reading blogs instead. Must try harder. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re the water-dispenser on the fridge: it is piped in to the mains supply - now wouldn't it be a great idea if you could get Gin delivered this way??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disappointingly Mark no! Gosh think of that gin being piped to the property, it would save Mike a fortune I'm sure.

      Delete
  7. I did giggle at the serious face for the fabric :o) That cabbage looks better than ours which are shredded stalks. I am hopeless at resisting the urge to catch up on blogs when I'm home. Go for the gin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Finding the perfect fabric takes serious pondering...I don't know why your MD wouldn't understand that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing your kitchen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you with the Elephant Hawk caterpillar which I've never seen, nor a moth either.
    Enjoy the weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice idea regarding the gin, I love our new fridge freezer, with a bottle rack, now full with wines, very grown up. Our garden veg failed this summer, but I was not so intense with my gardening this summer, we are having a rethink for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmmm, I wonder if one could tap into a wine keg and have it dispense through the water spout? You can have the gin, I'll take a good cold Reisling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You must have the patience of saint as far as your kitchen is concerned. I hope you find your camera soon. It will be lovely to see pictures of how it's progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It'll be so worth it when the kitchen's done. You'll be deserving a gin or two by the end of it all. What? You've had them already??? xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, we have a water dispenser, I hadn't thought of that! How I wish we'd used netting over our veg, and yes quilt backing can be a serious business xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like the kitchen is really coming along. Yes fabric choosing is very serious business! The Gin sounds like a great idea to me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Funny, funny post! My husband would have said that too!! The cabbages look fab and pecked free. Have a great weekend, good luck with the clearing up.Maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I once raised a hawk moth from a caterpillar and it wasn't as big as I expected.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope that the rest of the kitchen fitting goes well. We have an American fridge freezer, but no water dispenser for the gin. Shame really! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Go for the gin. Definitely.

    And never admit to the cerise fabric hunt, at least not to the boss. But did you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for the lovely intro Jo, I do love the blogging community, everyone is so encouraging and inspiring too! You'll scare the life out of Jack if he sees 'husband', he's still just 'boyfriend' but perhaps one day that'll change (we have been together for 8 years!). I definitely agree with everyone that the gin dispenser is a fab idea! Have a lovely weekend :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well at least your boss thought you were very hard at work. Good luck with the kitchen.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for popping over to me - I look forward to hearing your tales:) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gin in the water dispenser! You're so funny. I hope you're able to rest and relax. Take care and please don't be so hard on yourself. You're not a failure and I'm sure you're doing just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well if you're a failure I am too - I'm struggling terribly when it comes to keeping up with online friends this summer.

    I'd opt for gin in the water dispenser too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.