Thursday, 3 September 2015

Unable to think up a coherent title!!

For want of a better photo I give you one of my little crafting corner. I could have my own room, well area to be precise. We have a rather large landing but because I'm a nice mother it's being turned into a gaming room for the boy. Gaming room being a bit adventurous given that it will contain his x box, TV & chairs. Maybe a cupboard or two for my ever expanding craft stash we shall see!

Are you all well? I do hope so. Blogging & commenting will be sporadic for the time being work is an ever consuming presence in my life of late especially since the cleaner managed to turn off the power source to the server room which meant the main server & back up server went kaput at once!!!

It was fun recovering from that - not, still feeling the effects from that disaster after more than month & quite frankly I'm sick of staring at figures & spread sheets.

On a more positive note what is hiding in my craft baskets? (bought by Mike to contain some of my TV projects) well quite possibly some that I've forgotten about I found a couple of balls of cotton yarn for some dishcloths which I've forgotten to knit or crochet yet!Two cardigans, a shawl, a blanket, a quilt & some secret Christmas ones.

Aesop is threatening to leave home unless I sew something soon he has been very much neglected but has managed to sew a quilt top together quite beautifully with a little bit of assistance from me. Quilt top is currently folded on top of Aesop but has wadding & a wonderfully fleecy backing attached with the help of quilting clips.

Harry returned to school today but I'm hiding out at home as he didn't start till 11 am & I didn't want him to forget to go! No rest for the wicked as I'm actually working & surrounded by two phones waiting to be summoned by the MD to provide more figures. Naturally I have taken the opportunity for a sneaky blog post & to catch up on commenting.

Another positive note it is nearly autumn here & I'm thrilled, it will soon be my birthday even more thrilled, Yo Sushi will still be offering 30% off another reason to be thrilled & I have a week off soon - turning cartwheels at that one!

The boy has had a splendid summer holiday no plans no big trips but he has had a few sleepovers. I thought they would of grown out of sleepovers given that their group ranges in age from 12 - 15 but no. When they have been here they've camped out in the sitting room even building dens in there with my home made blankets. You know stuff they should of done if I'd caught this crafty lark when they were babies. I'm sure they also made flags using the backs of the two cardigans I'm in the process of knitting using the needles as the poles the little -------------- (insert your own choice of expletive)!

Right I shall love you & leave you. Take care all xx

16 comments:

  1. How generous giving your son some space for a gaming room, that's a good idea.It is hard making time for crafting when you are so busy, don't over do it, take some time for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sympathise with you having such trouble with the computer servers especially when it means a lot of extra work. On a much smaller scale I am having email problems which are taking some dotting out. . Computers eh don't you love them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice summer here too. The Boy seems happy anyway! We're back tomorrow. What a pain about the Server :o( But at least you've got your week off and bd to look forward to. Poor old Aesop, better get stitching, woman! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter what troubles you experience, you always tell things that bring a smile or a laugh. I'm sorry computer troubles have been plaguing you for so long, such a pain. And I don't think boys grow up the same as girls. My son and his friends formed a group "adventure squad" and they plan and do things together around town. I think it's great as it keeps them out of trouble (I think!!). I know secretly we're both happy that our young teens are still building forts & riding bike ... and I do hope the knitted flag didn't unravel too much ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little crafting corner looks fun, very good of you to give up the room as a games room, I'd want it for my craft stuff (us crafters have a lot of stuff after all!), lovely to read your blog, I had wondered where you've been as you're always so kind to write on mine and I love seeing your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a great Mum giving up the craft area for games, your comment about flags on knitting needles made me smile. Hope the computer is back to normal soon, I am computer illiterate and rely heavily on the family if there is a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 13 year old daughter still loves having sleepovers and still brings friends home for 'tea'. You have lots on the go, plenty to keep your hands busy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have friends with boys who are 17 and 22..... They STILL bring friends home and eat everything they can lay their hands on in the fridge! I look forward to seeing some of your crafting projects.. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why do they call them sleepovers? Nosleepovers more like. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Might as well let the space go to the boy as they grow up and leave soon enough and then all the saves become yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should have ended with all the spaces become yours

      Delete
  11. It has been a long time ago but I do remember those sleepovers. I went at 3:00 am once to pick up my daughter from a sleepover. Seems the other girls went to sleep and when things got quiet, she got homesick. I need to get busy crafting again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about the work disaster, it sounds truly horrendous. Glad the boy had a good summer, it sounds like lots of fun. Back to reality now though. Wishing you a good weekend, and indeed a good autumn. A birthday or two in this house soon as well. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Working as I do in IT Service Mgt I have no sympathy with the server failure problem you mention! "You must at all costs avoid having a Single Point Of Failure" !! Did you not have a "Service Continuity Plan"?? Tut tut.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like autumn too, and it's my birthday soon as well. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. All good, but I love the "non" title best of all!!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.