Thursday, 22 October 2015

And breathe

Mikes working away for most of this week so I'm in single mum mode which I need like a hole in the head. I'm not really moaning I know I'm fortunate but I want to whine so I will :)

The kids are pretty much self sufficient but Rocky hound needs to be walked twice a day so I get the evening walk too when Mike isn't here as naturally there is the pub for the eldest & hastily remembered home work for the youngest.

We have had Rocky for just over a year now, he as regular readers will remember was our inheritance after Mikes dad passed away. It's like having a toddler in the house - give me a teenager any day!


This morning on our morning walk in the dark he decided he was scared of the recycling lorry. Tried to pull & pull his way home to get away from the noisy light flashing monster. It truly was a battle of wills & I made sure I won.

The little horror got me back on our way home as the monster was still there - he stopped by the hedge & deposited the smallest dog poo ever seen just to make sure he didn't have to walk by the monster. It took me 13 minutes scrabbling round with a doggy bag in the not quite light morning amongst leaf little & small thorny branches as the hedge had been to cut to find it. Once the monster sailed past us Rocky decided he was a brave doggy again!!!! I was not a happy bunny.

I should be back blogging normally from the weekend. I've been visiting staff this month which has taken up a large amount of my time & have taken on a new member of staff which has meant I need to be in the office not at home in my dressing gown & slippers ,slovenly creature that I am. I think my dears I have now found the balance ( she whispers softly tap dancing on wood at the same time)

Take care all, hope you are all well xx

22 comments:

  1. Your musings today have made me smile, I am left with the image of a crazy woman floundering in a bush. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many dogs are frightened of trucks that are noisy with flashing lights? Evidently, 'one'. I smiled too, thinking about it. Take care and hope the new hours work well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our cats have only to hear a lorry or refuse truck and they all scoot indoors, maybe the little doggy is still missing his previous owner.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs are the most wonderful companions but it is like having a toddler back in the house. We thought very carefully before we got Archie and considered everything and I always urge other people to do the same if I hear them pondering getting a dog, they're such a big commitment. Like Mike, Mick usually does the night walk and I hate it if he's away and I have to do it but I couldn't bare to think of Archie having to cross his legs all night. He's usually really good on a night but he was barking at two this morning, apparently he didn't like the wind, pffffff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brings back memories, our little dog (now rip) use to be the same, he was so nervous of any loud noises, and one thing he hated was the clinked of scaffolding being put up, if he heard that he just wanted to get home x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, it made me smile thinking of you searching for Rocky's gift while he stood by, what a rascal xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can relate! Poppy comes home from work now and goes into woods hunting until dark so I walk Eli late in the day. Eli barks at the BIG garbage truck, but is afraid of the frogs around the pond. ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Animals sometimes just have the knack of knowing :) Our cats play up when C is away! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear- poor Rocky Hound. Glad you're getting some me time back- v important xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the rest of your week goes well, and that Rocky doesn't have to deal with anything else big and scary. Glad you've got the work situation under control, I hope things are easier for you now. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your story about Rocky made me smile. Take care. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are humming and haarring about a dog and have been for ages! I think I'm the only one in my little bloggy circle who is dog less! I think it'd be a baby substitute for me, esp as my two are fully grown n on the cusp of fledging. Someone would be pleased to see me everytime I got in. It'd make me get off my fat backside and walk more. But... There's the poo picking up - your story made me laugh and put me off a bit more!! There's the big long commitment - I know lots of places are pet friendly but it'd place edges on our days out etc. Back to the humming n harring!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilarious.....dogs and small children can always be relied upon to cause a scene of some kind:)

    My dogs is terrified of trailers........

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor Rocky to have to deal with such monsters in the half light of morning! The only thing my dog doesn't like is the vacuum cleaner, but it is fairly noisy.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rocky sounds like a character, Barry doesn't like the rubbish lorry much either, makes hissy noises that make his hackles go up but then his hackles are always up to try and make himself look a bit taller :-) have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am sure that Rocky would love to visit the pub on an evening

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had a chuckle at this, hopefully there won't be any more big trucks this week. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my he is a character! Hope you have found the balance and if you have can you tell me where to find it?
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is quite a character that Rocky Hound isn't he!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. We once had a hound called Rocky, and yes he could be quite adversarial too. It's all in the name I reckon!

    And now I've pointed out that connection I'll be humming Eye of the Tiger all evening!

    ReplyDelete


  21. The original one may be made of bull skin, but the Fake Mulberry is made of sheepskin and deerskin which makes it softer to the touch and more resistant to wear. In all the other aspects, the Hermes handbags has all the features as the original designer one.Chanel handbags has a gorgeous silver palladium hardware and lock, key and padlock. Now where have you seen a padlock? If your answer is Louis Vuitton Handbag then you are right. Rolex Air King doesn’t deny its nature and uses its most pregnant features to most of its watches. That doesn’t mean that only Rolex Watches with padlock.

    ReplyDelete
  22. swiss replica watches
    a new escapement, with better swiss replica watches Polished, improved Bialon on the chain device, ceramic parts and redesigned, lighter rotor. Personal speculation, because the big fly is swiss replica watches a close design, the world countless abacus a dozen, the new movement installed also can not see, not as consumption of old inventory it


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.