Monday, 26 October 2015

Thoroughly blaming CT!

Upon a perusal through my blog list last week I read the lovely CT's post.

Countryside Tales is a blog of utmost delight & I know a lot of the blogs I follow & vice versa follow too. It is a blog to calm ones soul after a week in the office where I am finding myself drumming my fingernails slowly with hope it will calm me down enough to deal with the stupidity I find myself dealing with. A bit like the slow clap if you will that my youngest son does with the words 'Well done' in a sarcastic drawl!  I actually admire his cheek as I would never of dared to do the same with my parents though we will keep that between me & you! A further note - I think the slow clap will be replacing the office drumming finger nails - more fun don't you think? 

 I thoroughly look forward to CT's lovely postings about walks through the woods, moths, wild creatures & the exploits of Ted & Poppy.

But why am I blaming CT I hear you ask - its this 


which turned into this


The recipe is over at Countryside Tales & I dare you to try it. You will quite possibly put a stone on with each portion you eat. My thighs looked positively huge in jeans on Saturday.

It is my dears ripped up jam do-nuts (which I dislike greatly) & covered with a home-made salted caramel sauce & baked in the oven. I served mine with clotted cream & I have enough for my breakfast this morning.

It is divinely decadent & just the thing I needed to recover from work last week!!

Hope you are all well

P.s Rachel  I spotted your comment on CT's blog & I can categorically state that calories do not fall out of ripped up do-nuts & I gave them a shake too! x 

Another P.s in the effort to sound like a proper grown up fingernails should actually read as finger stumps - the nails went aeons ago! 

30 comments:

  1. That really looks like something I could eat on a day when I need lots of comforting.
    Right ! I'm off to CT !
    xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I sometimes drum my finger stumps on my desk in work. In sheer boredom. I don't think I've ever had nails worth talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha made me smile.
    I am so grateful I do not like doughnuts or salted caramel, so will not be trying this recipe :)
    Good luck to anyone that does .........just don't count the calories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I must be the only person who doesn't care for salted caramel, give me the jammy donuts without the sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drooling!! Best just lick the screen then! Bloody calories

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice comfort food, I am being good at the moment and trying to lose a few pounds, so I don't get to fat at Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that does sound good. I don't think you can go wrong with doughnuts or caramel, and certainly not when you combine them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a feeling that this was something that I needed to stay well away from! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks positively yummy but I'm just gonna stare at the picture and drool. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, CT's is one of my very favourite blogs. I am haunted by her chocolate eclairs at the moment, can't stop thinking about them. The only way will be to make them myself and eat them all, I know. The donut thing looks scrummy as well, especially with clotted cream. Happy sigh. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with Jo on the salted caramel, give me plain anyday. As for donuts, I don't really like the crunchy sugar on the outside, but will eat a creamy one on the odd occasion. Enjoy what you like I say. Have a good week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like my kind of food! I've somehow managed to lose eight pounds...I probably should not even read the recipe. I am retired now but worked as a secretary (is there any such thing now?) in an office, my whole working life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I too love CT's posts, that looks delicious! My hubby does most of the food shopping and never has doughnuts on his shopping list! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I too love CT's posts, that looks delicious! My hubby does most of the food shopping and never has doughnuts on his shopping list! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks, and sounds, delicious. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I only looked at that photo and I swear I weigh more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I shouldn't have looked, should I? I'm sure the photo alone must have added some calories to me. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tee hee you do make me laugh :o) Glad you enjoyed it. It probably doesn't help that it's cheap. quick and easy to make, does it? Have a good week my lovely XX

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks scarily delicious! Just the time of year for some comfort food too...especially after your hard week. I hope this one goes better :)
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks just the thing for these darker evenings. Spot of telly and a nice pud. C x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Must be scrumptious indeed!
    Enjoy a glorious Sunday!
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh heavens, that pudding! It sounds divine. Doughnuts and caramel and cream. I don't think I should ever make it, I couldn't trust myself not to eat the lot. x



    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't dare try that recipe. She's very naughty, tempting us like that!!
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This sounds divine...heading over to check out the recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh, looks delicious. why is it that items like this are so bad for your waistline? ... i think they should make you lose weight. now wouldn't that be nice!! emailing you now. ( :

    ReplyDelete


  26. The original one may be made of bull skin, but the Fake Mulberry is made of sheepskin and deerskin which makes it softer to the touch and more resistant to wear. In all the other aspects, the Hermes handbags has all the features as the original designer one.Chanel handbags has a gorgeous silver palladium hardware and lock, key and padlock. Now where have you seen a padlock? If your answer is Louis Vuitton Handbag then you are right. Rolex Air King doesn’t deny its nature and uses its most pregnant features to most of its watches. That doesn’t mean that only Rolex Watches with padlock.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.