Friday, 4 December 2015

Five on Friday

Joining in with Amy's Five on Friday

Five random things from my week, pop over to Amy's blog to see other Five on Friday posts. 

1. I have had the most splendidly relaxing two weeks off work. It has been divine, I am completely unsure if I want to go back which is unlike me as I adore my job. I was however very crochety & snappy before I finished work so it was overdue. I return next Tuesday - cue small sigh.

2.  Two crochet blankets I've been working on - the bottom one (which looks a bit odd for some reason in this shot) is the Cherry Heart crochet a-long. I know most other people have finished their's but I really didn't have the time to dedicate to it but am happy to announce I have now nearly finished the third section. The top one is a simple granny square to use up some leftover yarn from another blanket. 

3. My three Christmas swap parcels/card. Thankfully all received by there recipients which is really good as one was for America, one for Australia & the other one for the UK. I've been very blessed with my swap partners this year I've been in contact with some really lovely people. 

4. Back to this being off work malarkey (such joy) I've been working my way through many a paper back - mainly of the Christmas novel variety. My poor addled work brain can't take anything heavy  & some light reading has been very good for the soul.

5.  Rocky also popping in to say hello. We have had him for just over a year now & he has become a very much loved & spoiled doggy. 

Take care all, if the weather wasn't so atrocious there would of been a garden Five on Friday consisting of red cabbage, leeks, weeds, my sweet potatoes & whatever the fifth would have been! Always next week my dears - always next week! xx 

25 comments:

  1. I didn't realise you were part of "Five on Friday'. Lovely post, but shame it couldn't be your garden. Isn't Rocky cute? Have a good weekend and enjoy the rest of your time off work. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you've had a good two weeks off, a rest is very well deserved I think. That's a top picture of Rocky, he's such a sweetie. I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your two weeks have done you the world of good. So glad you have enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful crochet works! (Lovely colours too.) Light reading is sometimes absolutely necessary. :)
    Have a lovely weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love photos, love the close up of Rocky, he's so handsome :) Loving your crochet blankets too, very colourful. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two weeks of works sounds like the ultimate bliss to me. I'll be off over the Christmas period and can't wait. I know a thing or two about spoiled dogs, ours has been with us for about the same period of time as Rocky has been with you. Jack is utterly adored and spoilt be all, including his dog walker. Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally following officially, I thought I was already but I was wrong. x

      Delete
  7. Goodness, it doesn't seem a year since you've had Rocky, they do worm their way into our hearts, don't they? My crochet along blanket isn't progressing very quickly either but I don't mind, it will be done when it's done and it's nice to have an ongoing blanket project over winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see that you've had a nice break. I like number 4, and there's nothing wrong with light reading which in my case is usually cosy crime books.
    Enjoy your weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you were certainly ready for the break and that it is doing you good. The weather here is pretty rubbish too, the winds have done a lot of damage to fences and such. Enjoy the rest of your break.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've had some rain, which made for very cool temps for Texas last week. But we are back up into the 60s during the day now, just in the 30s at night. Enjoyed your Five!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to hear you enjoyed your time away from work. Your blankets are lovely. And Rocky is adorable! Enjoy your weekend, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  12. My parcel is sent and my swap received, so I'm happy, nice time of the year to have a restful break.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful blankets - lovely colors! I admire that you have created such large projects! Rocky is a cutie pie. Nice to have time off to decompress! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi - Glad you had a great 2 weeks of work. Your blankets look lovely. The weather here is terrible at the moment. As I am writing this we have winds about 60mph. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two weeks off sounds like heaven! Good timing to be able to get ahead of the Christmas stuff. I have a similar swap parcel (to me) sitting waiting to be opened ... my husband is eager to see inside, but I have to tell him to wait till Christmas!! Your blankets look great, especially the 'bottom' one ... it looks very detailed. Well, enjoy the countdown now, and good luck getting back into the work routine :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love two weeks off! So glad you enjoyed your time.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw! Your doggy is a cutie pie!
    I'm glad you had a lovely break from work. So nice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you had a good time off work and enjoyed it so much! Your blankets look great don't they! It is good that Rocky Hound has settled in so well with you isn't it. Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you had a relaxing time off work and you did well on the crochet front whilst relaxing!
    Your puppy is a sweetie!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well hello Rocky - fab picture! And I must teach myself how to crochet one day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybe there will be loads of snow and you'll be stuck at home and not be able to go back to work on Tuesday. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to know how to crochet. Your blankets are lovely. Rocky is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like you have had a lovely break from work with lots of things to do and enjoy. The weather here is so very windy this morning and I haven't been in the garden for a week or so now as it is soggy and flooded in places:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Weather here is dreadful too. Glad you've enjoyed your break from work and light reading sounds just perfect! Excellent selfie from Rocky dog :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.