Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Deja Vu

The last few months of 2015 have been a struggle at times. Not to bore you all silly but Harry's high school is earmarked for closure in 2017. 
He is due to take his options this year & 2017 will be the year he takes his GCSE's so naturally it was of great concern. 
Again to cut a long story short because I ramble we were successful in our appeal to get Harry into an oversubscribed High School which he started on Monday & he loves it there - well likes because you know he's 14 & a bit cool!!
Harry has fitted in well because all of his primary school friends & local friends go to this school another story cut short.

Anyway my dears Deja Vu - Physics homework.

"I can't do this I don't understand it"
"What are you whittering on about boy"
"This - I d o nt Knoooooooooooooow w hat I ammmmmmmmmm m e a nnnnn ttt to doooooooooooooo" sarky 14 year old speech here. Can you follow?
" FFS (for the sake of decency & I did actually mutter under my breath) I've just walked through the door, let me put my case down & take my jacket off"

Cue huffing teenager & the need of a G&T ( I had two) hell I nearly sucked the bottle dry I proceeded to complet my youngest child's homework as in give him directions not scribble it myself. 

"Thanks Mum" & a hug to!!
"No problem darling" looking longingly at the gin bottle (no I didn't have a third) "Who teaches physics there now, let me have a look - Jesus Lord in Heaven (no offence intended I do go to church & take communion though I might possible blow up this Sunday) is he still there, are you sure, how old does he look?

Harry's physics tutor is my old one as Harry now attends my old high school - can't wait for parents evening to show him how much I've improved. 

A couple of swaps I'm taking part in should any of you be interested 
&

errm and a couple of hastily plucked from file photos to brighten up this post because physics is everything I remember it to be  xxx



22 comments:

  1. Oh, I remeber homework times, though not quite as complicated as physics luckily as my youngest has just turned 38 and it all seems so long ago now. Glad he likes his new school. Seems like we are also both interested in bug-type things from your photo above and I just love cuddly looking Rocky. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I think that is a suitable reply to everything in this post! Hee hee! Enjoy parents evening! I wonder how many of your other teachers are still there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that did make me smile. I remember proudly the day my daughter, in Year 9, asked me if I could help her with her physics homework (second choice, her father was out). And despite having done my Physics O level 20+ years previously, she got full marks! Oh yes, lots of fist-pumping mum points for me that day. Happy New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Completely understand (especially sarky teenage noises). I'm not sure I'd be able to help with Physics homework, wow, I really hated Physics! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say thank goodness those days of homework and parents evenings are long gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No doubt your old teacher will be really impressed you could remember how to do the homework! Glad Harry likes the school. Phew! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dog looks like a sibling of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh - that will be interesting meeting your old teacher! Loved this post - a bit jealous of the g&t as I stupidly decided to do dry January!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the picture of Rocky. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I am impressed, 14 year old's physics homework. My two were on their own once they got to high school, they'd outgrown my knowledge. Mind you, it can't have hurt them, Daniel's doing a physics degree now. Awww, I can tell that Rocky's wormed his way in to your hearts, it doesn't take long for them to become one of the family, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Physics hmmm. I failed my O level (yes I am that old) so I don't think I would be much good at homework helping!

    Glad to hear that you have got the school place sorted that must have been such a worry, doubly good that he enjoys it too (despite the difficult Physics homework!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your posts always make me giggle Jo! Glad you managed to defeat the dreaded Physics homework and hopefully the gin helped! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to pass the physics homework requests on to M when they came. Now I am bypassed as being hopeless (correctly so) and L goes to M direct instead :o) Yay for G&T, I say x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, dress up on parents evening and show him how good you turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This all sounds familiar although any maths/physics is reserved for my husband... My old physics teacher would be smug as I am as useless at physics now as I was back then. Lovely photo of your pooch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wouldn't have a clue, thank goodness when mine were at school they never needed my help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was really funny when I had one of my ex-teacher's sons in my class and at one point he was a supply teacher (the ex teacher and not his son) for me and also came on a residential visit with me and had to do as I said!!!

    Often I was treated to a "You taught my mum!" or "You were my dad's teacher" I got out before it became "You taught my gran!"

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad my daughter's are all grown up. I just couldn't handle homework these days. I hope you get a good mark for it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Homework can often mean tough times and bickering, even for my children at their younger ages. I'm sure Harry will do fine with your help (you might deserve the grade as much as he does. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well done with the Physics homework. I used to like it at school but was sometimes a bit hit and miss as to whether I understood everything.

    I started teaching in 1995 and in September 2013 a new member of staff joined. It turned out to be a member of my very first tutor group who left in 2000. I was told that she had stated at her intereview that one of the reasons for applying was due to her fond memories of me, her Child development teacher and her time the school. When we both met we recognised each other straight away. Neither of us has changed as much as we were scared that we might have done (well that applies to me mainly) and we spent Sports day supervising our Games House and catching up. It was not arkward or wierd at all, enough time had passed that we were now two married ,working women with children chatting about a past we both shared. I would like to point out that I was only 24 when I started and it had been 9 years since I left school myself. As a new teacher you always worry that you are not doing things right, but our catch up told me that I need not have worried so much - the best feedback I could have wished for even if it was 15 years in the waiting. Opps, sorry I seem to have rambled myself here but it is topic close to my heart as I love to see ex students and the path they have chosen.
    Best of luck to your son at his new school, not an easy thing to do at 14.
    xx
    PS the Christmas swap items yo sent me last year were up in my classroom this year. Looked Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah... your berries look so interesting

    ReplyDelete
  22. The fact that you can still figure out Physics is amazing to me, I never quite caught on with it. Love to hear about Parent night when it happens.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.