Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Exquisiteness

Well my kind anyway!

You know when you read a post on someone's blog Codlinsandcream2  & you have a severe case of the wanties !!

Then you give yourself a strict talking to over several days about not making random purchases & saving money.

Then your husband, partner or even wall sees how sad you look - not very sad but when your trying to be a grown up kind of sad & tells you to order said book.

Then you excitedly look at said website & then see said book is part of a package deal also!

Then you sadly think to yourself 'too much money' but it would be a saving as you would buy all four books anyway!

Then said husband, partner or wall looks at you & says - well I wont go into all that but here is my exquisiteness -





These are truly exquisite books - I implore all your crafty folk to visit Janet Clare to see for yourself

More Exquisiteness

As part of my 12 days of Christmas swap which Jo kindly organised in which I was partnered with the lovely Susan I have another shot of the pen which was one of my gifts.


Susan sent me an email this week  explaining about some of the gifts she sent me. My pen was made by a friend of hers (yes made) from a banksia seedpod. Isn't that fascinating - I love it even more now!

Right in the interest of fairness & I've seen this on other posts elsewhere I was not paid for the review - they are my own words. I have four books because I'm a greedy trout but they are truly beautiful & by buying them direct I am not supporting a huge company! 

26 comments:

  1. Will be looking forward to seeing your quilting projects x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a lucky time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting books and to get them in a good deal is even better. Your pen is really beautiful and totally unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got the books you wanted. Pen is amazing!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must investigate those books. Impressive pen, what a talent to be able to make that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy reading, and writing! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for showing the pen again and hubby is now thinking of making some too. He's getting ready to make something for DD and I'll show that in time. I've seen the book Freya & Fred advertised, but never actually looked at it. Might pop over to her site. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, they do look like lovely books, have enormous fun making your quilts xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those books look lovely. I shall have to investigate them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun post, Jo! It's always lovely to visit your blog. The books look interesting and very beautiful and the pen is a real treasure.
    Happy quilting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. "A severe case of the wanties" is not a term that has been in my vocabulary until now! :) But I understand what you mean...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I realise why you've been anxiously waiting for your books to arrive, they look fabulous. I often see things on blogs that I'd love and I get very tempted so I understand completely why you had to have them. The pen is fabulous, I'd have never guessed that it was made from a banksia seedpod. Some people are so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My hubby is out shopping for wood he needs for the fencing we are completing. Just necessary stuff, but I'm sure he will get the best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I. Love books I will never use a kindle, it's hard to explain how you feel holding a book you have lusted over. I do like to sew but never got into quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh I can see why you splurged on those. lovely :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. And now you are smiling happily! They look like lovely books; the sort to drool and plan over, and to be able to use a pen made by a bloggy friend is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pen is amazing, how clever. And the books are gorgeous, a great choice. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely pen. And what a lovely other half, telling you to buy the books. Hope they've made you and the wall very happy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've chosen some lovely books there, I bet they will inspire you time and time again. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful books, no wonder you fell in love! The pen is fabulous isn't it, you will treasure it even more now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. That pen is something very special ... and a great choice in books...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now you see I had to go and check out those books - and I can see why you were tempted, they are charming! Enjoy! And how interesting your pen is, as you say, it makes it extra special!
    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those books do look exquisite, I can see why you were tempted by them! And now I am!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that you call yourself a 'greedy trout' soooo funny I am imagining the trout swimming down river with 2 books under each fin!
    enjoy them
    Bestest D x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Enjoy your books they look fantastic. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.