Wednesday, 27 January 2016
I'm having one of those weeks - perhaps the January blues is true - more likely the amount of people who have peeved me is to blame! I'm going for the last one.
1. Dipsticks who turned off a server in work last week & took 99% of my work with it, Little Miss sufficiently ranty pants ensured it was switched back on. The blame was apportioned to someone else - the mum stare soon stopped more lies!
2. I'm looking after my nephew this week, it is proving to be trying to say the least! His parents are having what they call 'a cheeky little get-away' I'm calling it 'a starting to take the **** now' especially as they have won a holiday & no doubt in their airy fairy world will expect me to help out again! Errm no.
3. My brother who has quite possibly peeved me off the most! Monday was my dads 1st death anniversary & my brother wanted to go out for lunch. As he is single I agreed as he doesn't have anyone to lean on -blah blah blah - deep down I'm a kind hearted person. He thought it was quite acceptable to go out at 1pm & while away the afternoon. I told him 11am as I had to be back for the boys. It got to 12:30 & repeated texts from me & then I cancelled it given it would take 40 minutes to get to the restaurant, lord knows how long for lunch & another 40 minutes to get back.
4. The 'rose-tinted glasses' postings from my siblings on facebook on my dads death day. God that site has a lot to answer for. Even Mike knew it was a load of 'claptrap' when he phoned me & slightly begged me not to respond.
5. I'm quite behind on commenting on your posts - apologies! I was rather good last week but I had taken a break from the housework you see to prove to Mike that we don't actually have a fairy to do it for us! I was proved correct as the house was a bit of a shambles & his brother wanted to visit. I said no & Mike couldn't think of a suitable reply. Needless to say he did a bit on Saturday :)
There are other minor peevements which I think I am over now
Onto some pretties
I've joined up to The Lucy Boston Patchwork of Crosses Block of the month club because I wanted to. It's run by Sew & Quilt
I had by first delivery yesterday & have been busy cutting out some rather delicious Liberty fabrics!
It's my treat to me because I deal with enough from my family, the one I was born into not Mike & the boys! I'm going to make myself some dripping with butter toast shortly too!
Mike bought me some tulips too