Thursday, 14 January 2016

Plans & dreams

First Rocky would like to thank you all very much for your comments on his first post yesterday. He hopes to be back after his first holiday which will be in August, if I ever get round to booking one that is. He would also like me to reply to all your comments - we shall see how that a pans out as I'm working from home & still waiting for me book delivery also Rocky is snoozing on his knitted by me blanket on the other sofa!  A thanks from me too my face isn't swollen or sore any more I shall return to the office tomorrow. 


There are big plans here for 2016 the conservatory needs to be built, the veg beds moved & Mikes workshop installed. 
The workshop being the arguing point I'd like him to have a wooden package one Mike wants one built out of breeze block & a feckless member of his family to help him build it. I know who will win this argument!

What I'd really like to happen next is Mike to finish off the kitchen completely & to replace the bath. This means I can then have the new bannisters installed, the hall & landing decorated & a new stair carpet.
Though Harry has moved bedroom so that needs decorating & he has devised a desk system of monstrous proportions so the money needs to come from somewhere.

Its easy being frugal if you have the money in place to do it. Mike & I both have well paid jobs, we've worked hard to get to our positions but we do waste money.

I have the knowledge to be frugal too & I do really try I just need to stop being so lazy about it.

A little tightening of our belts will mean we can get the majority of the work complete this year.

She says after placing an order for four books which Mike paid for. There was one book I really wanted & pondered over it for a couple of days. Looking on the website I saw two more books in the range which of course I wanted. Then there was an offer on a pack of four books discounted so after pondering more Mike told me to order them. Overall I or rather we have saved money on something that would have been bought.

Sky has been cancelled after it had stopped working & a useless phone call. We have a Now TV box instead & very impressed with it we are. There have been several phone calls & letters from Sky asking us to go back on a reduced rate but no. The nearly £1k saving will pay for Mikes new workshop.

I shall leave you with a photo of Rocky with his toy from Susan when he has finished playing with it he takes it in his bed to lick.


20 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're on the mend. Your plans sound wonderful, I hope they are all fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder what set your face up? Glad you are on the mend :) rocky's post was excellent - hope he does continue to guest post. Occasionally my cats guest post but they are too lazy to do more the the odd one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of interesting things afoot in your house. I grew up being cautious with money and now it's a habit so deeply ingrained that I don't really think about it. Love the pic of Rocky with his new toy :o) XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. A busy year for you both, it will be lovely when finished x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I know how it is.... we both earn good money but we seem to be using it up always.... I see Rocky likes tug of war? Looks fun! Glad your face is better today. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a lot I want done outside too! I dream and plan but getting Poppy to agree is my problem. He says he is done building. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear your face is no longer swollen. You have some wonderful plans in place, hope they are all a huge success. I would like to make a few changes around here...time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sure sounds like you're going to have a busy year one way and another. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So is Mike planning in rendering the breeze block? I think I would be with you on a wooden one. Won't have get a bit more room inside for the same basr area or am I being fanciful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably my main issue Sue if it was to be built out of breeze block he would get bored of the project & it would remain not rendered I think he just wants to build something. We have seen some nice wooden ones which prove to be more cost effective & a quicker alternative.

      Delete
  10. Wooden is so much quicker to build, no foundations my shed is on paving blocks, it has a wooden floor, it keeps nice and warm. As for saving moneys, I found it's best to start one area at a time, and whilst saving money and not spending I fins we are having less waste, if we do not buy it we don't have to get rid of it at a later date. I'm glad we started looking at our spending way before hubby retired, it's a way of life, helps us with our lower income without feeling we have had to ditch out lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You evidently have LOTS of plans on the go. Make sure the garden doesn't slip down the list of priorities too much though! I've been spending today too - I ordered the timber for some new raised beds. Gardening keeps me out of mischief though... I said to Jane "Just be thankful I'm not a golfer!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. That does seem a lot for 1 year, but don't dither and it will get done. Books are my downfall too and I/we have way too mnay, but I've seen a couple more I'd "love". Glad Rocky likes his toy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exciting plans afoot, I shall look forward to seeing it all coming together. A conservatory will be wonderful for those tender indoor exotics, and for reclining at the end of a long day with a good book. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many interesting plans! I would be going for a wooden building too, much nicer to look at and quicker to build. Could you compromise and build a breeze block base for it to stand on?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope all your plans will be realized.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with all your plans and I hope you feel completely better soon. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are doing better, it is so easy to waste money isn't it? I try hard to be careful then slip up!
    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.