Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Walking the hound

I'd like to say I took photos but I've misplaced the camera again (& again & again & again) not quite my fault  as it's so small! We are going to buy a bigger (proper) one but that might lead to an argument or nine - anyhoo

I've just come back from taking Rocky Hound for his evening walk ( afternoon on Monday because I'm off) 

The hound is currently snoozing on his knitted with love by me blanket where as I have dinner to prepare, hoovering, bathroom to clean & some clothes to put away. As a side note Harry who is supposed to be doing homework is strumming away on his brothers guitar - badly. I feel a bellow coming on!

We bumped into Harry's friends mother who was walking their Jack Russell (very cute hairy one who came from a rescue centre) 

Rocky who is scared of his own shadow by that letting the Jack Russell side down, behaved admirably  - only a few squeaks! 

Prior to bumping into each other as I saw them ahead a thought entered my mind.

I had visited my mother & drank two glasses of wine. Which is customary & she gets rather put out if you don't have an alcoholic beverage. This is the reason I see my mother at 2pm rather than 10am as the offer of a glass of wine is always there. 

Not everyone is as slatternly as me & this lovely lady takes Harry to school & picks him up & I wanted to check that this was still okay.

Conscious of smelling like a brewery I removed my gloves, licked my palm & sniffed, Then as I couldn't remember if I was supposed to lick the top of my hand & sniff instead naturally I repeated the exercise, no doubt to the hilarity of a passing bus.

Erm I couldn't smell anything offensive so I caught up on the way home for a conversation & managed not to knock her out with any fumes.  

She is more than happy to take H, I knew it was but I still wanted to check & I did take round a bunch of flowers last week.





Back in work now & while I really should do a garden post it's cold, wet & apart from a few leeks & a couple of red cabbage there isn't a lot there!

P.s I was very excited to escape watching Star Wars the other day, I was a lot more excited when I found out it was on for 2 hours & 16 minutes! The boys enjoyed it though x

25 comments:

  1. My garden wouldn't make for a very exciting post either it's not really that time of year is it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An afternoon glass of wine and a chat seems very civilised to me. I love the image of you licking your hand and smelling it - I bet anyone on the bus who saw this would be very confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that the force was with you and that you managed to duck Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't help but laugh at your antics of licking your hand and then smelling it, the people on the bus had something to chat about on a dreary day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Giggle, giggle. Licking your hand and sniffing it. lol
    It is hard to imagine at this time of year that spring and summer will ever exist again. Let alone a veggie plot full of produce. xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the Star Wars thing. I mean, as far as I can make out, the films are not actually about stars. Though if they were that smirking Prof Brian Cox would probably feature.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post certainly had me shaking my head and smiling. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, I bet the people on the bus knew exactly what you were up to. Eleanor went to see the new Star Wars film, the fact that she hadn't seen any of the others didn't seem to bother her, I think she just wanted to cuddle up to her boyfriend in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always find afternoon alcohol goes straight to my head , much more so than any drunk in the evening.

    Oh and it's the inside of your wrist you're supposed to lick and sniff ... on your pulse point ... just so you know for next time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rocky scared of his own shadow.. has he been sharing tips with Barry?! Hehe! He's a lovely hound Jo :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. My garden is calling, but it's to cold and early in the year. Star War's you a lucky to miss, I won't want to see it again when it's on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw poor Rocky. Our pup is tricky with other dogs too but in his case it's because he feels the need to bark very loudly and deeply to make sure everyone knows he's seen them. Oh and if possible to pull on the lead as hard as he can to say hello :-S

    Hope you've had a good day. I'm trying to forget about my garden until the Spring. Too much puppy mess everywhere. Plants have been dug up, mud trod everywhere... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you managed to escape the star wars thing, a glass of wine or two in the afternoon sounds lovely to me, mind you my head spins after half a glass so maybe you wouldn't smell it on me it would be the slurred speech that would let me down haha. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Star Wars has been very well received though, the younger generation of the family had an evening out to see it, and enjoyed it!

    A glass of wine sounds rather good - think I may just go and pour one now ... well it is about 6pm!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so funny! Smelling like a brewery! Oh, no way could I sit through Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never watched Star Wars movies or such as it just isn't me. I wouldn't be able to do the 'have a drink' bit either as I'm a complete teatotaller. Oh dear, not much fun am I, but I'd be in the dog walking any day. I adore animals and thought I'd stop by and see George & Mabel(donkeys) today, but it's raining, though we do need it desparately, so I'm not sure whether they'll get their apples and a pat now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on avoiding Star Wars. I actually did a little gardening earlier, first time in ages. I was on my way down to the bin at the end of the garden and I ended up with secateurs in hand pruning grape vines and apple trees. Nice to cross a couple of things off the list. I often envy those around here who get to snooze or sit and read a book while I have dinner to prepare etc. etc. Must be wonderful mustn't it. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. My Jack Russell thinks he is invincible. He has short crooked legs but otherwise looks a lot like Rocky Hound. Just love that creature. He is also snoozing under a blanket I made. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that you're having wine at 2pm. Cheers!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wish I had dogs that liked to go for walks, our two sleep all the time. Perhaps I should give them a glass of wine?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Honestly, reading your post while in the bath, much to World Travellers horror I take ipad there........came close to dropping it, with the giggling fit! My mum was like that only with her it was gin.

    ReplyDelete
  22. If I had two glasses of wine in the afternoon I'd be asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are hilarious with the hand licking. If i had wine in the afternoon I would be asleep by four.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hehe, that's very funny. Every once in a while when we girls do a birthday lunch there's a glass of wine involved and I feel an absolute slattern rocking up to the school gate worrying whether the other mums might detect it!! Well done on escaping Star Wars, I felt much the same about it :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.