Monday, 8 February 2016

A round up

Apologies - the dreaded lurgy hit here over a week ago & took everyone down in its path. Even the dog wasn't immune although I thought he had damaged his leg rather than caught a bad cold. He hadn't thankfully. 

Not much has happened to be honest, a discussion on how long it will be to finish the house & garden. I've given  it 18 months . It sounds like we have a lot to do & we haven't really just the work we do have to do means disruption & we may as well do other jobs along with it. 

The sitting room needs re-plastering so when we do that we can move the radiator to the opposite wall. This in turn will give us more space.

The TV blew up (a rather dramatic description for the picture refusing to come on) Saturday morning. I was rather impressed with Mikes speed of replacing it. Surprising really with the rugby & football on don't you think! Anyway two hours later he had bought a rather swanky new one along with a bracket for it to go on the wall above the fireplace. Not sure I'm keen on this but it will give us room for a another bookcase in the alcove instead. 

The stair carpet needs replacing desperately but before that happens Mike wants to replace the bath & I want fitted furniture in the bathroom so you see that's where the time comes into it. And money of course!

A little round up of what I have been doing though

I've finished the first part of my Quilt along over at Sew & Quilt, I think my next batch of fabric arrive next week - very excited indeed! 

I started my CAL again as I had made some seriously bad mistakes. I had a different blanket pack of wool, one of the Attic 24 ones so I used that instead of unravelling the blanket. I'm pleased I did as I really like this colour way & I've learnt some new stitches. I'm half way through now.
I shall concentrate on this during the evenings this week.

Amy has opened up an Etsy shop selling patterns & products. She was looking for volunteers to test a pattern so I happily sent my name through. I made this sweet little sunflower to her design & it was rather fun to do & I have seriously impressed myself that I could actually do it. I mean look at that - wonderful instructions Amy.

And finally the sun shone here yesterday - well for the morning at least & I had every door & window open to celebrate. 

A view from the kitchen sink that always makes me smile
I zoomed in & it's through the glass but I like it anyway.

Right off to catch up - take care all xx

22 comments:

  1. What a lovely view to feast your eyes on while you toil at the kitchen sink, sorry to hear you have been ill I can empathise, I'm just getting over it myself. I love Amy's daffodil it looks very impressive and your spice of life is looking great I pulled mine back a couple of times too but in the end I just went with it even though it had wobbly sides. The quilting is lovely I don't think I would have the patience or the know how. Enjoy your new TV! my son has his on the wall above the fireplace too, I have now got the knack of watching it without getting a crick in the neck. Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lurgy ridden here too. A horrid virus that has pulled all of us down. We are planning on some rather big home improvement projects this year. I'm excited, but also dreading the mess and upheaval.
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. New tv for Mike, gives you more room for extra books, now that has gotta be good xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That tv got replaced real quick !
    Looking forward to the progress you make with all the home and garden renos.
    I am impressed with your creative projects ! xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha that sounds like my other half, he went and bought a a new t.v. (for me supposedly) while I was in hospital. Thankfully my son was with him and warned him not to buy a big one and put it on the wall or mum would be furious! Never ending sport on at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One thing always leads to another in home improvements. Thank goodness Mike didn't have to suffer with no TV ... a man of action! Your quilt squares are coming together nicely, as is the beautiful blanket. Cute sunflower ;)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you haven't been well. I hope you're fighting fit again now. My husband would be just as quick if our tv broke down - life wouldn't be worth living without Sky Sports to watch. I love the way your quilt is coming along, can't wait to see how this progresses. Have a good week. Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear you've all been ill, I hope you're all on the mend now. There's always things which need doing in a house, isn't there? There's jobs we need to tackle this year, they've been put off for long enough now. Your quilt is looking lovely and so is your blanket, mine's coming along slowly but it will get finished eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's that time of year again where we look at our homes, our's only need a lick of paint, but in every room, we did it all 6 years ago when we moved it, so every where is a bit drab. Hope you are feeling better, love your craft work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're over the lurgy, there's certainly a lot going around at the moment! Love seeing photos of the projects you've got on the go, they look great! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Home improvements are never ending! Good luck with all your plans. We are hoping to put in for planning permission this week, for a rear extension (with my own little craft room!!) I hope the lurgy stays away for a long while. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope that you are feeling better now - or very soon! Sounds as though you have a lot going on or planned at home, it is amazing how there is always so much to do and so little time to do it isn't it. When we renovated this house 12 years ago it went on and on and now we are going around again gradually so I understand! Remember it will be done and it will be worth it and it will be wonderful when it is finished!!! Glad that you got on well with the sunflowers! It looks like mine so I hope that means my instructions make sense! Thank you for having a go at it!! Take care of yourself! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crikey, it's all go at your place. I hope you're all over the lurgy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope that you're feeling better. Take care, Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you're better now? Sounds like it's all go at your place. I giggled at the speed of the TV replacement. Rather like our hoover being rubbish and M insisting we didn't need a new one, so I left all the hoovering up to him-= and he lasted a day before getting a replacement! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you are feeling much better now and that seems a lot of work along with fixing the garden. Wow! The quilt CAL looks amazing and I've not done any EPP for years. The rug also looks good and now that mine is done I've started some granny squares which are easy to carry for 'on the go', but am trying to get a quilt finished for a show, so are a bit distracted at the moment. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are all better now? Home Improvements are one of those lists that never seems to finish! Lots to keep you busy it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry you have all been feeling poorly! Your crafting projects look great and I am so impressed with the sunflower you made from Amy's design! I can get quite impatient wanting improvements but sometimes they are worth waiting for! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope all's well now. Looks like you've been really busy too. Great sunny view, make the most of it ! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. The second our TV dies my husband is out the door to get another one. Brakes or tires needed on my car, the urgency is not there for that!!
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, what a lot to do. Glad you are over the lurgy, it hit here too. I like you CAL blanket and Amy's sunflower. Look forward to seeing more of your quilting too. Hx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.