Monday, 4 April 2016

Softly softly, slowly slowly

Blimey I seem to be very time poor at the moment. Too many other things going on work being one of them, redecorating, trying to supervise a 14 year old revising during the holidays. You can imagine how fun that one is!!!!!!!!
I've really not had time to blog over the last few days. I had hoped to catch up yesterday but the sun was out so a bit of weeding was called for in between painting the bathroom. Then we visited my mum as we always do on a Sunday & was roped in to helping my brother with his new greenhouse & some garden centre shopping. Today was supposed to be a catch up but I'm taking my dipstcik brother to A&E this morning as he fell off his bike a couple of weeks ago . He still has a rather large swollen bruise on his forehead. Think of a purple grey egg, in fact he looks a little like the elephant man but I've kept that one to myself as he has promised me lunch!

Right onto my blog post  


Before I start a project I become a little impatient wondering how long it will take to complete, will I have the time to dedicate to it? 

Unsurprisingly for a time restricted person I tend to be drawn towards big projects - blankets, quilts, cardigans. I have a dream to make a jacket too. 

I'm pleased to offer a finished project for the final instalment of Jennifer's Winter Project Link Party

My blanket which I started last year - October I think is finally finished.  It's the Spice of Life pattern which was supposed to be a Cal (crochet along) but it had to fitted in between other areas of my life. I had ordered a specific set of yarn for it but I made huge mistakes with the first one so started again with an Attic 24 pack which I had stashed away.

My quilt along has slowed down I've only completed one of the blocks this month. I do have all the pieces cut out so will try to do a few bits during the week. In between revising battles that is.


And because I'm so time restricted I can't think ideas through I've started on this 

Pretty though isn't it?

Hope to be back this week :) xx


21 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hard tof it in crafting time when there's so much else to be done, love your Spice Of Life Blanket, so many pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Spice of Life rug looks gorgeous and glad you did finish it. Are the quilt along blocks hand pieced? Pretty cardi and do hope the revising goes well and also your brother soon loses his 'egg'. Have a good week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on finishing the Spice of life blanket it's lovely! I would love to be able to quilt but don't have the time or patience, I love the cardigan it's perfect for Summer I hope you manage to get it done it would take me ages and I would get the holes in the wrong place and would have to keep pulling it back haha hope you have a quiet peaceful week. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, the lure of a WIP. I fall victim all the time. Your quilt block looks very complicated and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blanket is lovely, well done on completing it and I love the look of your current crochet jacket it's so pretty . I hope your brother is ok and you can enjoy your lunch.
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket is beautiful Jo! I absolutely love the colours and patterns. I look forward to seeing more of your projects, I'm really struggling to find time and energy to get started on mine! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours in your blanket - so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your project looks beautiful. Love the combination of colors and the pattern...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on completing the Spice of Life, they're lovely colours. Mine's been put to one side for now but it will get finished eventually. Hope your brother was ok when you took him to A&E.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blankets looks wonderful, beautiful colours. You should open it out so that we can admire it in all its glory. Love the quilt block and the cardigan is amazing, love the pattern. Hope all goes well at the hospital. I am so glad that I don't have the worry of revision with the girls anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a good week. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty patterns. I love the big projects, but am more drawn to do little ones that can be completed quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you've made excellent progress. There are never enough hours in the day, no matter what the size of the project, so why not aim big. Have a good week. I hope you find time between your revising to have some creative time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on your blanket!! It looks really great!!! Hope you enjoy some time snuggling under it. They say that if you want something done to ask a busy person, so perhaps that is how you fit so much in. Hope your brother is OK. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you are getting loads done even if your time has been limited. That blanket is wonderful. Hope your brother is fine with the whole head injury thing.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've taken on a lot of projects so no wonder it's a bit slow going. They look great though. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your time is limited?! And you still completed a blanket?! Ha! I joined up with Jennifer's winter project once (maybe twice), and that was it. My cushion cover (about an eighth of the size of your blanket) is still incomplete and hasn't got any further through the entire winter. I have time, I just mismanage.
    Your new projects look wonderful!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your projects are beautiful, I under stand limited time, I have a skirt to stitch, it's been cut out for over two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad it's not just me that has so many projects on the go! Lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, what a lovely blanket !
    I'm still at granny square stage of mine, which I was meant to finish within the first three months of this year, but no cigar.
    I hope your brother is okay and that the egg on his forehead doesn't hatch. :/
    xxx...x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Jo, thank you for joining in with my link party. Your blanket is beautiful! I love the way it turned out. I haven't tried that blanket pattern but I have heard it was a little complicated. Good for you trying again. It looks like you nailed it. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your quilt and crocheted jacket. Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.