Monday, 20 June 2016

Craftiness

Facebook told me it's the first day of summer as I logged in this morning.  Not that I'm a great lover of facebook but I find it a valuable tool to keep track of my children and their shenanigans. Not that I'm a neglectful mother but all this tagging in photographs is very helpful. Especially with a fourteen year old who was by the river without permission!!!

Back to the first day of summer - it's wet - very wet!

 The garden got a long overdue weed yesterday well half of it.  Fathers day saw me cook a very nice lunch. I went for the easy option Sea Bass fillets with a savoury butter, jersey royals and asparagus. I think the whole thing took 20 minutes how wonderful we also had wine and profiteroles. Mike was very blessed with new speciality sun glasses for fishing (really there is such a thing!) sweeties, a fishing t-shirt and a fishing jigsaw. 

It really is too wet to be in the garden so I have been crafting and getting myself in a right pickle when ordering yarn. 

I've signed up for CreativeChaos dishcloth swap - I think it's open until the 24th or 5th. Pop over and take a look.

Dishcloth / Mug Rug Swap 2016

Dishcloth / Mug Rug Swap 2016

I was busy perusing for patterns and the yarn to go with it. I was about to place my order and realised I didn't have my debit card with me (I was in work) No matter I thought I shall take a look on Amazon (card details saved on there).
I quickly found the yarn I wanted and placed a very restrained order for three balls of yarn then feeling very pleased with myself continued with my work. 

I checked yesterday to see when they would be dispatched  and to my horror realised I had ordered three balls of yarn from America. I live in Wales!!!!

I've finished my Hitchhiker scarf, the colours are divine I can assure you but as you know my lack of photographic skills you will have to imagine. It's the pheasant colourway from WYS . I have another ball left in this colourway which I may start a pair of socks with or will do when I find my sock knitting book.  I have another three of these scarfs planned for Christmas presents they are exceptionally easy to knit up especially if you don't knit outside in the sun when you're tired and give your own special design feature which I will not zoom in on! 

I have a tiny bit left over so I might start a hexi puff for my Beekeeper quilt.


Very exciting times ahead. My sixth quilt block kit has arrived. This means I will be half way through when I have pieced these together and instructions were included to piece the first six months together. There is an add on kit for a larger quilt but Mike help me measure what I have made so far and I think it's big enough. I just hope I have enough glue sticks or I will have to make an emergency order. 


Finally I have a pom pom maker and yes I know I could use cardboard but I wanted one of these. I picked it up from Hobbycraft last week along  along with some yarn but that really is not my fault as I only have to stick my fingers through the door and they come flying towards me!

Right I've bored you enough I'm off to make a cup of tea - it's neither the time or the weather for Pimms xx


23 comments:

  1. The scarf is beautiful Jo! All your craft projects sound wonderful! I laughed when it popped up as the first day of summer on Facebook this morning, thought it was trying to be funny as I'd just got back from a very wet early morning dog walk and Barry had just shook himself (and mud splatters) all up the front door! Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your scarf, I was very tempted to the pheasant colour way but mine are in holly berry and another one sorry can't remember it's name 😀. It's such an easy scarf to knit isn't it and yes it will be great for Christmas presents
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We managed some work on the allotment over the weekend but at this time of year we should need sun hats and not layers of clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hitchhiker Scarf is lovely. All of the West Yorkshire Spinners colourways are gorgeous. I'm currently working my way through them. Hopefully Pimms weather will return soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The scarf is lovely and I too love the variegated wools. I was trying to explain that sort of wool to my 8 year old granddaughter over the phone and said it knits up as stripes and she said, oh, that is multi-coloured wool Nana. I've a pom-pom maker, but it doesn't look like yours and I found that I just made a big mess with it. Maybe you can give me some tips. Have a good week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in hope for Pimms weather, it is certainly elusive at the moment. My daughter bought me some pom pom makers, they are great fun and little addictive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first day of summer, who'd guess with all this wet weather around. I got out early with Archie this morning, I'm so pleased as it rained really heavy once we got back, I'm getting a bit fed up of getting caught in a downpour. I love your Hitchhiker and the colours you've knit it in. I've got this pattern bookmarked, I haven't bought it yet, but it's on my to do list. It looks really striking for such an easy pattern, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer? Huh! In current conditions I expect a fishing umbrella is a high priority in your household - for Mike certainly and maybe for you too. At times like this I wish I had a polytunnel to stop my precious chillis getting too waterlogged!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's awful here as well I think the sun is trying to shine through but I'm not holding my breath, love the scarf I have been meaning to make one of those t's on my to do list anyway, I love my pompom maker even if the pompoms turn out oval shaped a quick trim and they're fine, can become addictive though. Have a great week. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a dry morning yesterday, but it was wet the rest of the day and it has rained all day so far. I have the same problems when visiting Hobby craft far too much follows me home. Love you knitting, can't wait to see the finished patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a similar experience with usa goods, ordered a dress and had to pay £20 duties when it came, it was that or send it back. Will be more careful in future.
    Love the little scarf.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the scarf, I'm avoiding Hobby Craft at the moment, far too tempting to buy even more stuff that I will have to pack. Looking forward to seeing your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness, it's all go at your house, what fun. Lucky it's raining really, you're too busy to go outside. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have had a oops moment and,ordered from the USA took 6 weeks in my case to arrive! Hope yours arrives sooner. I joined the quilt kit but as t haven't even started!!!! Maybe in the summer hols????

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy First Day of Summer, it is hot as Hades here if you need some warmth. Love your Hitchhiker, you know it is one of my favorite things to make, I have two more to go before I am done with those presents for Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cripes you are a busy bee. Love all the craft stuff. Sometimes a wet day can be a blessing, eh? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well I suppose the rain has meant that you have gotten lots of your projects finished. I hope that yarn doesn't take too long ;) It has been wet here too but now the sun is out and shining hope it is where you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much for the wee plug - exam over and will be knitting, knitting, knitting again! Must look at the Hitchhiker - love your chosen yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many lovely crafty projects. I love your pheasant shawl; I made some socks using that yarn and it captures the colours of a pheasie perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many lovely crafty projects. I love your pheasant shawl; I made some socks using that yarn and it captures the colours of a pheasie perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have some pom pom makers and find it so easy to use them. I have over a hundred that I made before we moved but have been too busy with other projects to finish the amount I need in order the make the rug I have planned. Never mind, I'll get there in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your children have friended you on Facebook?!?!? It's precisely because I could keep tabs on him that my son would never allow such a thing - although he did leave his laptop open once and it was most revealing!! Hope you enjoy your pompom maker, I have one and they're ridiculously easy, much better than cardboard. You'll have loads of fun thinking what to hang your pompoms on! Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.