Monday, 13 June 2016

Greenhouse in June

Firstly thanks for you comments on my last moany post its a bad situation but Friday flew by after I locked my office door. This stops nosy people coming in which in turn reduces my stress level considerably, I also managed to get a lot done.

Sunday saw us celebrate Fathers day a week early with my sisters family. We had arranged this months ago as my brother in law will be on call on the 19th so we booked a nice restaurant. Alas Mike was the only dad to attend as my sisters car nearly blew up on the way. Her words not mine! Her husband (the other dad) had to arrange to have the car picked up. The head gasket needs to be replaced but thankfully he is a mechanic so it wont prove too costly although he has threatened to charge her for labour as she had failed to mention the temperature gauge kept on going up.  

My little cucamelon plants are coming on nicely. 
The cucumber has some baby cucumbers

The tomatoes have started producing fruit. The top one is Sungold and the bottom one Black Russian.
My three year old poinsettia lives in the greenhouse during the warmer months. Mikes chillies and my scented leaved geraniums recovering after we potted them up in the wrong compost.  
Some more chilli plants - a late purchase so we shall see with these they are putting on growth though. 

The rain has returned to Wales with a vengeance may I add. The nice postman brought me a sewing and crochet magazine this morning so I'm curled up on the sofa with them and a cup of tea. 

Enjoy your day xx

26 comments:

  1. Everything looks happy and healthy in your greenhouse Jo! Hope you had a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see your greenhouse, I am so pleased with mine, everything is growing so much quicker. I grew cucamelons the last two years but I'm not keen on them and hubby disliked them, so won't bother again. Enjoy your mags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see your plants are doing so well. Thanks, and you too. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the plants are recovering. The rain has returned here too but by gosh we needed it. Everything is responding by doubling in height it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For once I am able to say that there is no rain here, but I am sure it will return with a vengeance. Shame the fathers day lunch didn't go as planned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always nice to catch up with what you're doing in your garden xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say that it's a good idea to celebrate Father's Day early as everywhere is so packed on the actual day, I'm sorry it didn't go to plan. Everything looks to be doing really well in your greenhouse, my own tiny little tomato plants have come on in the last week or so, it's amazing what a bit of nice weather can do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your produce is looking great, maybe we should get a greenhouse, you seem so much further on. Cars, irritating! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. All systems go, go, go!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh enjoy the crochet mag :) Your plants are looking great! Shame about the car mishap, hope you can rearrange :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, a sewing/crochet magazine, the sofa and a cup of tea, blissful. Glad you got through Friday okay. All of your plants are looking really healthy. Mine are not enjoying the heavy rain at all. I hope you have a good week. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather is providing ideal conditions for blight here. Just when the potatoes are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greenhouse plants are looking good, so soon you'll be eating the produce. I'd love a greenhouse, but it would sure get hot in summer. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad your plants are doing well in the greenhouse. I hoped you enjoyed your magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You will love that sun gold cherry Tom, that is one that I grow every year from seed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of great garden goodness happening!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greenhouse is looking good, hope you enjoyed your magazine, sounds lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. My tomatoes and cucumbers aren't nearly as far advanced as yours. L is in Wales this week, so I'm sorry to hear that the weather isn't the best! Happy gardening. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. My tomatoes and cucumbers aren't nearly as far advanced as yours. L is in Wales this week, so I'm sorry to hear that the weather isn't the best! Happy gardening. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best laid plans eh, I am glad to hear the car is fixable! Your greenhouse is looking great everything growing and looking healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your little cucamelons look stronger than mine. Perhaps I left mine out in the rain too long :-/ & your tomatoes are ahead of mine (I only planted them out half an hour ago, so perhaps I'm being a bit demanding of them). I hope the car is fixed now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lots of lovely things growing in your greenhouse...I must get some cucamelons too! Hope you're having a happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your greenhouse is a lot further on than mine but \i am sure it will all catch up soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm always amazed at the power a garden has to comfort and heal. Your greenhouse is coming along nicely.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very productive greenhouse there Jo! Just read your bad week at work post, I remember those days...good job you have craft and gardening to keep you sane! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.