Thursday, 9 June 2016

Meh

Note to self do not brag about on your blog for the world and karma to read about having a wonderfully idyllic week off from work. 

Previous to me starting back Mike and I had come to the decision to give up alcohol for a few weeks.
---------------------
Tuesday -  Notes left on desk about a minor staff fraud and no one had dealt with it -  Dealt with that and sorted out other cock ups connected with the case. Two months worth of incorrect card transactions land on my desk - cheers,  have hidden them for now. 

Wednesday - Arrived at office to find a staff member had committed acts of sheer stupidity the previous evening which has now caused me a huge and I mean an incredible amount of work. Sorted out suspension and dragging in of staff for further questioning. Dealing with a freaking con man who decided to visit a couple of shops that afternoon. Trying to ensure I have enough evidence as defending a claim against the company in court. Return home to find a bottle of Pimms in a cupboard whilst searching for a bottle of soy sauce. Unfortunately no lemonade to go with it. 

Today - Trying to keep major staff stupidity from too many people whilst I'm investigating. As more information comes in it becomes worse and worse.
No agreement can be made in court so we return in a few weeks time.
Meet with staff members and am almost speechless with rage. 
Told operations manager I'm going to retire and work part time in Hobbycraft on a 16 hour contract as I'm pretty sure they get a 30% staff discount and way less hassle - I'm not allowed to retire but was promised a new company mobile - wasnt quick enough to ask for a whacking big pay rise. 
Have to walk home from work in the only downpour we have had in the last few weeks. Mike is working away this week and downpour started as I left work and stopped just as I returned home.
 Not fun walking in the rain whilst wearing a wool suit. 
Debating whether to try the Pimms with tonic water!  I will probably have a milky camp coffee, three twix biscuits  and a chip butty. The only crisps in the house are prawn cocktail - ewwww!!!

Plans for Friday - Contacting police, might look at card transactions and will be hoping to high heaven that nothing else goes wrong.  Oh it's pay day but I'm not allowed to buy anything, in particular craft things as I have to save up for sleepers - Meh!! Mikes home though and that's a bonus.  That blinking star wars toy has arrived safely - another bonus - no moany child to contend with. 

Take care I'm off to sniff the Pimms bottle xx

22 comments:

  1. Oh dear, it's nearly Saturday, hang on in there. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy times, how come place employ the stupid people, do they hide their stupidness until you are not around!Hope things get better, go walk around your garden. I've just come back from my greenhouse, had nothing to do, but I wanted to stand inside and grin, sad state of affairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listened to my daughter last night as she tried to explain how non-detailed oriented her staff members are, and she has to take the blame for all the wrong doings...I don't miss those days.
    Hope your week sails by a little smoother, chip butties help.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo ( the other one )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go get a bottle of lemonade to have with that Pimms, I think you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life sucks sometimes. Try Pimms, water and ice. 2 glasses and you won't taste it anyway!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I'm sorry, that sounds like a very fraught few days. The rain must have been the last straw. I hope everything is sorted out before too much longer. Almost the weekend, I hope you have some relaxation time. Enjoy the chip butty and a sniff of the Pimms. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad I am not in your shoes. Keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will bring some relief. That Pimms bottle needs opening, I am sure it does. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh No!! Not fair!!! All those terrible people messing up your week! It is amazing how many *^&&$^%*((*^$£%&*(*& people there are in the world isn't it. I am not sure that working in Hobbycraft would be a good idea for you or me. I am pretty sure we would spend more than we earned, despite the staff discount!! I hope that Friday is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won't swear for you, as I'm sure you've done plenty of it silently. Nearly the weekend, so make sure you relax, take time to breathe & smell the flowers. Maybe a lovely walk in the countryside with your camera & focus on certain elements & snap away to your hearts content. Digital lets you do that without any expense. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Having recently retired, I can confirm that this is a good position to be in - none of the inevitable hassles involved with work! Anyway, it's Friday today, and next week HAS to be better....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you are going to get through this ...at least you know what day of the week it is ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess it was pay back time. Fate doesn't let you have your own way for too long does it? Or maybe it was a cosmic plan to test your resolve to stay away from alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A bad week indeed, things can only get better,and if they don't, there's always the Pimms! I hope your weekend proves to be very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both my husband and I took early retirement and don't miss work at all. Our budgets have had to be tightened but a good life none the less. Hope today brings a better day and if it doesn't open the Pimms!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that you have a good weekend to make up for what was clearly not a good week. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a week! And when some things start to go wrong others seem to follow don't they...even the weather! I hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend to make up for it...and think you should have some lemonade, mint, ice and fruit in a big jug of Pimms!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Bless, I have had my fair share of weeks like that so I totally feel your frustration. Hang int here my friend, hope you get to relax a bit this weekend.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh dear you have had a difficult week, I'm sure I would have headed towards some alcohol having to deal with all that! I recommend the retirement option, I have just done it and it is so good to not be dealing with staff issues and internal politics! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you avoid the booze after that you know you're doing well:-). I should ask for the bonus in Hobbycraft vouchers xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that is not what you need after a lovely week off! Hope the rest of week was a little better and you are having a good rest over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.