Monday, 3 October 2016

Winter Project 2016

Jennifer over at Thistlebear is hosting this lovely event again. I enjoyed taking part last year even though I'm pretty sure I didn't participate each month. 

It's a lovely idea where we share the crafty items that we are working on and runs from October through to March.

So this is what I'm working on - 

My winter hat. The first of many I hope but not in this yarn as it was quite expensive. The yarn is alpaca and is sold by my new local yarn shop. The alpacas are within a few miles of my house and the yarn shop and then the yarn is actually spun within 35 miles. As soon as I read about it I knew I wanted some. The alpacas are a family group and my hat yarn is from the daddy 'Diamond Geezer' I also have one yarn cake from the daughter 'Peggy'. I really want another of Peggy to make a cowl. The yarn is like knitting with a cloud,  it is the softest squishiest thing possible! 


My quilt - this is a monthly subscription box and I received my ninth box last week. It is an EPP quilt containing mainly Liberty fabrics. Its gorgeous! Hopefully this afternoon I shall cut the fabric into the appropriate sizes and glue them to the pieces. I then sort each block pieces into separate bags so I can assemble each block when I have time. A little production line if you will! 


Finally crochet. Mike bought me the attic24 Harmony blanket pack as one of my birthday presents. My siblings gave me some money as well as the promise of afternoon tea from my sister. Naturally I converted this money into more yarn. As if I didn't have enough of the stuff already! 

The harmony pack came with the pattern which is a granny square design. The yarn  I bought is from the new Paintbox range. I did dither between the cotton and acrylic but decided on acrylic as I wanted to make blankets and the dog sheds like crazy! I plumped for three colourways, Fallen Leaves, Wanderlust and Winter Frost. 

I'm thinking of a large granny square from the Fallen Leaves, solid granny squares from Winter Frost and I'm not sure what design to plump for from the Wanderlust. We shall see.


So I have plenty of Wintery projects planned. Hope you do too x 





23 comments:

  1. I love the sound of that alpaca yarn it's lovely to think that it was sourced so closed to home. The quilt sounds very complicated to me but I bet it's going to be amazing when it's finished. Your granny blanket sounds like fun and it will be lovely in those colours, have fun with your projects. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari ini saya ingin mengunkapkan tentang perjalanan hidup saya,karna masalah ekonomi saya selalu dililit hutang bahkan perusahaan yang dulunya saya pernah bagun kini semuanya akan disitah oleh pihak bank,saya sudah berusaha kesana kemari untuk mencari uang agar perusahaan saya tidak jadi disitah oleh pihak bank dan akhirnya saya nekat untuk mendatangi paranormal yang terkenal bahkan saya pernah mengikuti penggandaan uang dimaskanjeng dan itupun juga tidak ada hasil yang memuaskan dan saya hampir putus asa,,akhirnya ketidak segajaan saya mendengar cerita orang orang bahwa ada paranormal yang terkenal bisa mengeluarkan uang ghaib atau sejenisnya pesugihan putih yang namanya Mbah Rawa Gumpala,,,akhirnya saya mencoba menhubungi beliau dan alhamdulillah dengan senan hati beliau mau membantu saya untuk mengeluarkan pesugihan uang ghaibnya sebesar 10 M saya sangat bersyukur dan berterimakasih banyak kepada Mbah Rawa Gumpala berkat bantuannya semua masalah saya bisa teratasi dan semua hutang2 saya juga sudah pada lunas semua,,bagi anda yang ingin seperti saya dan ingin dibabtu sama Mbah silahkan hubungi 085 316 106 111 saya sengaja menulis pesan ini dan mempostin di semua tempat agar anda semua tau kalau ada paranormal yang bisah dipercaya dan bisa diandalkan,bagi teman teman yang menemukan situs ini tolong disebar luaskan agar orang orang juga bisa tau klau ada dukun sakti yg bisa membantuh mengatasi semua masalah anda1.untuk lebih lengkapnya buka saja blok Mbah karna didalam bloknya semuanya sudah dijelaskan PESUGIHAN DANA GHAIB TANPA TUMBAL

      Delete
  2. Lovely projects. Knowing the name of the alpaca who supplied the yarn is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only lovely projects but quite luxurious ones. That alpaca yarn sounds fabulous, I like the comparison of knitting with a cloud, and how lovely that you know the name of the alpacas it's supplied from. Those fabrics are beautiful, I think your quilt will be very special indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely projects to look forward to. I love the idea of knowing the name of the alpaca your wool came from. I am a great fan of alpaca wool but a little pricey for some of the things I make for the children. Enjoy the cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects, your new yarn is gorgeous.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have plenty of winter projects but other than maybe doing some decorating most of them are outside so we need some dry weather at least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds wonderful, you'll be quite cosy if we have a bad winter! I've also got a harmony pack, it's so handy that Lucy is so good at putting thee colours together. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the connection you have with the alpaca yarn. Maybe you could take that pretty hat and sit in the field with Mr Diamond Geezer and knit while he snuffles over your shoulder ;) The hat looks gorgeous. I love alpaca yarn for the "cloud" feeling of it and it's so warm. Your other winter projects are looking good. All I want to do right now is toss all the things I NEED to do, and just work away on things I WANT to do. I tried joining the winter project last year, but couldn't keep it up. The project I started is still languishing on a shelf somewhere.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have so many things I want to accomplish over the winter...I'm hoping as the season slows down I'll get to complete some of my knitting and art projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely ! I,m so glad you're treating yourself to these comforting and creative goodies !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, that alpaca yarn sounds wonderful (love the idea of knitting and wearing a cloud). Hope to see the results of your seasonal crafting. And that you get your afternoon tea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful, rich colours and fabrics to work with, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, lovely! I do like seeing what other crafters are making. The liberty colours are divine xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jo, thanks for joining in with my link party! You have some really nice projects to keep you busy this winter. I absolutely love the idea of a Liberty quilt! Gosh, that's going to be beautiful. I can't wait to see how everything progresses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jo haven't been over for a while but I saw your link with Jennifer and popped over to see what you were going to make. It is always a treat to have beautiful yarn isn't it - lookign forward to your projects.Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  16. All your projects sound really lovely...I look forward to seeing them this winter.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  17. The alpaca yarn sounds amazing, wonderful that it was produced so close to home! looking forward to following your progress :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Jo, we have been paired up for JO's 12 day's of Christmas swap :-)
    I can't see an email address on your blog to contact you so would you mind dropping me an email? hydem27@yahoo.co.uk
    I'm really looking forward to this :-)
    Speak soon...Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two years ago I had my first alpaca yarn year of projects, and loved working with it as well. It is fun that you have a personal connection to the source of your yarn. Your quilting sounds amazing! I have just set out some rough cut squares to try to sew together on a Featherweight machine for a patchwork pillow cover...first time to use the machine. My first patchwork was a nine patch pillow all hand sewn. I am cheering you on and hope to see your next report, Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. May we display your header on our new site directory. As it is now, the site title (linked back to your home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Liberty hexies, alpaca hats, yarn packs - what delights! They all look and sound gorgeous. I especially like the look of the hat. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.