Monday, 21 November 2016

There may be trouble ahead

Hello my dears, I've spent this morning trying to work out how to transfer photographs from my new work phone to my computer. It was a trying experience to say the least. My camera is still missing.

My mums funeral went as expected and no pigeons joined us this time. There were a couple of amusing moments which helped the proceedings.

1. We let Rob pick the music and in hindsight I perhaps should have paid more attention. He selected two Elvis Presley songs. The first 'The Wonder of you'. The live version was playing as we entered the crematorium. Mike, Rob, brother in law and nephew wheeled my mothers coffin in. Just as they reached the undertakers there was a round of applause coming from the CD which was playing. There were quite possibly a few whoops and cheers too, I'm not 100% sure as I was desperately trying not to giggle as I walked to my seat. I am more than sure that there were a few cold glares from my brother and sister. 

2. More desperately snuffled sniggers when the reflective music was playing. I heard my elderly aunts in the background discussing how long they thought they had left and were living on borrowed time.

3. Robs beautifully written eulogy. He also read the eulogy at my dads funeral last year. My wonderful son with his deep Welsh accent.

4. Rob had selected 'Always on my Mind' as the last piece of music. It was also played a little too loudly and while waiting for the undertaker to give the signal to leave I had no alternative but listen to the words. They were particularly apt.

5. My very favourite part of the day and a memory which brings me great delight each time I recall it. I was sat quietly sipping my gin and tonic. It was quite possibly a treble from my brother - he's a bit of a prat like that. All of a sudden my brother in law plonked himself down heavily in front of me. He can be pompous and overbearing 96% of the time.

"You can put the house up for sale in January and sort your mums affairs out"

"Excuse me" I replied sweetly peering over my glasses and at the same time keeping a firm grip on my glass as not to whack it on the table and then jab him with a shard of broken glass. 

" Get it all sorted and then divide it into three"

With more sweetness I replied along the lines with 'I will sort the estate out in my own sweet time, has nothing to do with you what so ever and to remove himself from my line of vision before I forgot I was a lady', Pompous pillock there will indeed be trouble ahead and not for me!




Excuse the photographs they were recovered from my phone, I really cannot find my camera. I've been making project bags and having a fine old time too. I have so much time now to do things for me.


Not sure why this is wider but look Poinsettias with glitter! I planted three in a ceramic pot. 

A final thought to make you all giggle.

I spent yesterday in A&E with Mike. He stupidly managed to cut through his thumb. He was sharpening a carving knife for the joint of meat. I don't tend to supervise this activity as Mike can gt a little too theatrical. I don't eat meat so was reading a book whilst waiting for my stuffed mushroom. I was completely engrossed in my book and missed most of the commotion.
 He let me unwrap the tea towel from his thumb (feel free to imagine the dead pan expression on my face) after dinner. I then ordered the pillock into the car. The prat had managed to nearly cut through one of his tendons! He has an operation this week to repair the damage but is happily sat at the table with his jigsaw as I type.  

Right I shall love you and leave you on this rather grim day. I'm pondering what variety of carrots to grow next year I might do the mixed colours pack. x 

29 comments:

  1. Glad there were no pigeons and that you got what I meant! Glad it went as well as it could, sounds as though you bought that wonderful son of yours up to be a great man - and I am sure that the other one is a wonderful younger man too! You did great!!! Sorry about Mike, hope he will be OK. Re the house, how about we swap and then we just thump each others relatives and we won't feel nearly as bad about it. I know it is awful for you to have to handle it all on your own, but you are spared the (*&*%^%£&)(*&*)%^%$^*&(*&%&^% that are interfering with all that we are doing. So I get it. Hugs my dear and we will just hold out for the gin!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hari ini saya ingin mengunkapkan tentang perjalanan hidup saya,karna masalah ekonomi saya selalu dililit hutang bahkan perusahaan yang dulunya saya pernah bagun kini semuanya akan disitah oleh pihak bank,saya sudah berusaha kesana kemari untuk mencari uang agar perusahaan saya tidak jadi disitah oleh pihak bank dan akhirnya saya nekat untuk mendatangi paranormal yang terkenal bahkan saya pernah mengikuti penggandaan uang dimaskanjeng dan itupun juga tidak ada hasil yang memuaskan dan saya hampir putus asa,,akhirnya ketidak segajaan saya mendengar cerita orang orang bahwa ada paranormal yang terkenal bisa mengeluarkan uang ghaib atau sejenisnya pesugihan putih yang namanya Mbah Rawa Gumpala,,,akhirnya saya mencoba menhubungi beliau dan alhamdulillah dengan senan hati beliau mau membantu saya untuk mengeluarkan pesugihan uang ghaibnya sebesar 10 M saya sangat bersyukur dan berterimakasih banyak kepada Mbah Rawa Gumpala berkat bantuannya semua masalah saya bisa teratasi dan semua hutang2 saya juga sudah pada lunas semua,,bagi anda yang ingin seperti saya dan ingin dibabtu sama Mbah silahkan hubungi 085 316 106 111 saya sengaja menulis pesan ini dan mempostin di semua tempat agar anda semua tau kalau ada paranormal yang bisah dipercaya dan bisa diandalkan,bagi teman teman yang menemukan situs ini tolong disebar luaskan agar orang orang juga bisa tau klau ada dukun sakti yg bisa membantuh mengatasi semua masalah anda1.untuk lebih lengkapnya buka saja blok Mbah karna didalam bloknya semuanya sudah dijelaskan PESUGIHAN DANA GHAIB TANPA TUMBAL

      Delete
  2. It sounds like your mum's funeral was a loving tribute, the song 'Always on my Mind' has been a longtime favorite at funerals over here, the words are so fitting.
    Why do families show their worst behavior when it comes to dividing estates.....same here I'm afraid.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, you'd have thought that your brother in law could have at least waited until after the funeral, families eh? Glad it all went off okay and that there were a few moments when you could have a smile. I hope Mike's thumb isn't too sore and that the op goes well. Loving the look of that project bag, oh how I wish I could sew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can choose yours friends but sadly not your family. Sorry to hear about Mike, bless him hope all goes well with the op. I too was impressed with the sewing bag and the glitter on the poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family can be the WORST to deal with! Absolutely, I can imagine the expression on your face when you removed the towel! Sure hope his thumb heals quickly. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad the funeral went well, not an easy day although you had me in stitches with your point 1, I do hope you'll forgive me. Talking of stitches, I hope Mike's thumb recovers OK. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad no pigeon on the day, families can be a pain, glad you put him in his place. Hope Mike is feeling a bit better, easy thing to do. Love your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah yes, I remember that pigeon well. Glad the funeral went as well as could be expected. I am certain you will be a match for any uppity relatives, hope they aren't too tiresome though. I would have been livid. Poor Mike, I do hope his thumb recovers swiftly. I sliced my finger sharpening a knife the other day, not as badly though. Was the stuffed mushroom good? I do like a nice stuffed mushroom. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweetie I'm so sorry I missed the sad news of your mum but you n yours will be able to laugh about the round of applause as your mums coffin came in for many years to come cxx as for the bro in law. What a tosser!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie glad it passed off as well as it could. The chuckles are all part and parcel of it and the reflective bits. To make you feel a tad better - one of the funniest funerals I went to was my aunty jeans. She was a lovely caring aunty and I thought a lot of her. She was lapsed catholic and my cousin had arranged a humanist service at the crematorium in Lincoln. My great Aunt nearly died at the service - not a religious one and nearly passed out when my cousin had played Bat out of Hell by Meat Loaf as my aunty loved motorbikes. Needless to say there was a little tut tutting from my great aunt. The second incident involved my grandmother. She had specifically asked that the family follow the hearse to the church. My uncle and my dad decided that they were not going to do It and the family would meet at the church and the hearse would meet us there. My Nan's service and burial took place in a small village outside of Lincoln. We had travelled from Peterborough and got held up in traffic and was consequently a little late. Guess who ended up right behind the hearse. So somehow or another my Nan got her wish - family was behind the hearse! Just trying to cheer you a little. Nothing to do with brother in law just between you and your siblings tell him to butt out. These things take time anyway. Hope the patient hasn't been stitched up too tightly and hope he feels more comfy too. Take care Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad the event was pigeon free. You should write a sitcom as it would be far more entertaining than what is currently being offered by the many channels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think all funerals need some lighthearted moments. I'm glad you found yours ;) When we buried my mom (which was not done for six months so my brother was able to attend), my dad arrived at the graveside wearing his best friend's horrible three-piece tweed suit ... about two sizes too small and the pants were a foot too short! He looked ridiculous and there were snickers and polite laughter all round (thankfully it was only immediate family that day, or I think I would have felt really humiliated for him). His dementia had a good foothold by then, so we excused his error. I can't imagine he was very comfortable.

    Your BIL sounds horribly rude. I'm sure you put him straight in your own beautiful way. What wonderful characters you have in your family Jo!

    Best of luck to Mike with his operation.

    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all have family problems & I'm sure you aren't the only ones to have a rather strange funeral. My Mum's was a bit weird as well, with the minister saying something funny as he knew her quite well. My Dad had dementia by then & did ask at one stage who the coffin belonged to, so yes some of us have weird times too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that I'd of poked your brother-in-law in the eye as well as telling him where to go. Take care. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you are now finding more time for yourself. Enjoy your crafty time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Having not been around much in blogland lately I missed the sad news about your mum, so sorry Jo - the round of applause did make me smile though. As for the brother-in-law, it sounds like he only opens his mouth to change feet. I hope Mike's thumb is healing. Definitely go for the mixed colours carrots - they're good fun if nothing else. I love the quote from your granddad at the top. Take care, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad your Mums funeral went well, your BIL sounds like a right ba**** how insensitive can you get, poor Mike! I hope he heals well. As for your camera, have you looked in all your bags, under the bed, in the car under the seats. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think everybody should come in to their own funeral with a round of applause and cheers. I know a dear friends who went out to the theme from Star Wars and we were all cheering. And what's his name is a pratt. You tell him, girl. Do what you can when you can. And don't be rushed. It's a big job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Families can be so difficult can't they. Hope things settle down now and you can spend some time on yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. My condolences Jo, I haven't been around much so hadn't realised you lost your Mum. My husband's Bil did the same after losing my Mil, I hope you can nip it in the bud. Hx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are in my thoughts. A big hug.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are darn right you will take your sweet time. Indeed what a prat, how dare he speak to you that way. I am glad you held onto your glass and did not waste the gin by tossing it at him. Hope all is healed up with your husband. What a time you have had!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh dear, why do families behave so badly at the worst time possible, just when you should all be gentle with each other. I had an argument with my sister in law who has been in the family all of 5 minutes over what my dad would wear in his coffin. She then couldn't wait to get hold of my mums jewellery. Stand your ground, he can take a hike.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Although your post wasn't anything happy it did make me chuckle.
    Glad you are all okay and I am with you in the 'Sort things when your good and ready' and not to anyone else's time scale!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am a bit late to comment, alternative time look here in Glasgow. Not sure what it is about funerals and bringing the worst out of people. Your brother in law is lucky indeed you didn't stab him with a shard of broken glass. What a waste of a treble G&T that would have been though. I hope you are doing ok, sometimes emotions come back tsunami like when you least expect it. Thinking of you. x

    ReplyDelete
  26. He does sound a right pillock your brother in law, you answered him well! Glad you getting some time to get back to your craft projects.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh Jo you do make me laugh! I am not sure if I should be laughing though, but really, it's too much. Your brother in law - yes, pillock really is the word. Poor Mike, I hope his thumb is healing now. I'm glad you're enjoying some time to yourself now. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.