Monday, 5 December 2016

Winter project

I don't like these blogger changes - just saying!

I have found my camera or more correctly Mike found my camera this morning in a drawer. Mike has been signed off work because of his thumb and I currently have hum cluttering up the house and quite generally getting in my way. On a more positive note it's rather nice having him here. I'm enjoying our morning coffee before I go to work . Many thank yous for your kind thoughts and comments on his thumb I myself have been less than sympathetic. It was entirely his fault! 

Anyway less of my gabbing and onto - 


A finished blanket or a nearly finished blanket. It needs a border added and the ends sewn in. I've clever hidden the ends for photographic purposes. It's huge and warm and cosy. Full of dog hairs too as Rocky likes to share his freely. 


A finished hat. I finished it last night as I found the pattern. Erm the pattern was in the bookcase all along and this hat should've  been completed several weeks ago as it too me all of five minutes to do. It is a little to small for my liking but was made from local alpaca yarn. Knitted in the round too, clever old me!


Some of the blocks assembled for my quilt. I still have Novembers box to assemble and will be receiving Decembers box in a couple of weeks time. If I get a wriggle on I could assemble Novembers this week and Decembers the week after Christmas! January could then be spent sewing the blocks together,

New things -



I've been making project bags of late as I wanted to teach myself how to sew zips. They are not the neatest I think this is the worst one, I hope it's the worst one as there are several unlucky recipients of these bags for Christmas this year! They each contain a pocket too and in all honestly I'm rather pleased with them.

Finally for this month


The beginnings of a Christmas cushion. I went on a workshop yesterday, it was an early Christmas present from Mike. I didn't have time to finish it yesterday as there is a mistletoe design to go at the top and it needs stuffing.  I will finish it this week and do another post where I will add the links. It was a thoroughly enjoyable day. 

Right my dears, I'm going to link this with Jennifer's blog Thistlebear who kindly hosts the Winter Project link up party. I will then be searching through blogger to see if I can find blogs to comment on! x 

31 comments:

  1. Ooooo! Lots of beautiful creations happening at your place Jo! Glad Mike found your camera so you could share them ;)
    Love that huge granny square blanket! It looks so cozy and warm. The project bag looks great! I wouldn't worry about a little wonkiness in the zipper, it looks pretty good to me, and the fabrics are so pretty. Do you use a zipper foot on your machine to get the zips in? Just a thought as you can get really close to the teeth of the zipper and it's less bulky to sew with that foot. The Christmas cushion is looking great, and I think it was so nice that you were able to spend a morning working on that among like-minded folks. Have a great week!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted that you have been reunited with your camera and that you found the pattern in your bookcase. We have the same problem with things disappearing here - I found the cheese grater in the oven not so very long ago. You have been busy - I am particularly impressed that you are doing zips. I can't put in a zip to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy making all sorts of beautiful things, the quilting resting on top of the blanket looks quite festive and your cushion is going to look great when finished. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely craftiness there, loving the robin cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful projects, you have been busy. I love the blanket, such bright, happy colours without being too much 'in your face' and yes, I know what living with a dog is like, hairs everywhere! Your hat will keep you nice and warm on these cold mornings. I must admit that the reason I enjoy knitting socks so much is that they're done in the round, no seam sewing to do. Your quilt blocks are looking lovely, it's going to be a beauty when it's finished, such pretty fabric, and I can't see anything wrong with your project bag, it looks perfect to me and I'd be thrilled if I were to receive one as a gift. Actually, I've only got one project bag and more than one project so that's something I've put on my Christmas list as there's no way I can sew one myself, such a lack of talent in that department. Hope Mike's thumb heals soon and he doesn't get under your feet too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy. I like the robin cushion. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an impressive amount of crafting projects. Love the blanket, the wonderful array of colour is stunning. The projects bags are beautiful too, I love the fabric, lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blanket, just the thing for these cold evenings. Learning to put in a zip is on my challenges list, well done you, loving the Christmas cushion xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been a very busy bee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of lovely stuff there, love the blanket and the cushion looks very impressive, glad Mikes thumb is healing well. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those granny blankets. You're so clever to finish that hat....in the round. I can knit that way but prefer to knit flat.. all your projects amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, lovely makes. Especially the blanket. Such cosy colours. I don't envy you the sewing in of the ends, it's my least favourite part. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have been very busy making lovely things xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your makes and think the rug is really different colour wise. I do like it. Look forward to seeing the cushion finished. Yes, changing things can be so infuriating & for us it's been 3 with being guinea pigs on the new NBN (national broadband network), email page update and blogger changes. YUK.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant bag and I love the cushion, clever you. The quilt is going to be beautiful, and I love the idea of having a bit sent to you each month. I could do with the motivation of that! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you found your camera! Love love love the colours of your granny blanket. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh! My husband retired this year...well, he is now works a couple of days a week for five hours. It has been hard to adjust. I'm not used to having him under foot all the time. Your blanket is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of lovely projects. It's good to have a choice of different craftiness to work on. The quilt looks lovely, can't wait to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Also grumpy about blogger changes. Love all your makes, you clever lady you xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lot of lovely crafty things. I really like those quilt blocks, they look like a long job! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your bags are lovely, I just love a good project bag and a pocket is a must. Love your blanket. Think of the dog hair as extra insulation!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! So much great making!! I love the cushion, and the blanket and the bag and oh, I admit it, I love it all!! Happy making!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all your makes! You've been busy.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the robin! They always make me smile! And the colourway for your bag is brilliant; just my daughter's favourite colours!

    ReplyDelete
  25. they look so nice you did a good job

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your epp quilt blocks are so pretty! The zip on your pouch looks ok in the pic, you should see how some zips of mine have come out! They are tricky at first.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Jo, thanks for joining in with my link party! Your projects are all really interesting. I love your blanket and your quilt blocks are very pretty. Your zippered bags look good to me, don't put yourself down! Anyone would be LUCKY to get one. You've done a great job with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely Christmassy crafting projects there Jo , especially that crochet blanket .I,ve been doing a little crewelwork when I can grab a few minutes to sit and relax ....you're inspiring me to get out all my patchwork stuff that's hidden away under my bed ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love those contrasting colours in your blanket, it looks perfect for snuggling under xx I find zips really difficult to do so you have done brilliantly. Have a very happy new year! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such lovely makes! I especially like the Christmas cushion, and that blanket is looking fine, even if the ends need sewing in. And the quilt! Gorgeous. It's a hive of creativity at yours right now. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the warm colors of the blanket, perfect for being cozy with a book and a cup of tea. And cake! Let there be cake as well.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.